Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Bilingual reps

EnterTheWu78

Mar 17, 2007, 5:28 PM
I speak english, who doesn't? as well as mandarin chinese. I'm white so its relatively easy to assume from looking at me that I don't know anything except english. So i had a chinese couple come in looking to upgrade one of the phones on their account. In between speaking to me they were having side conversations in chinese, most of it just one translating to the other what I was saying.

Then when I was finishing up the transaction, changing the sim card and what not when the man says to the woman, in chinese, "I can't wait to get you home and into bed" but it was a little dirtier than that.

I'm just wondering is there anyone else out there like me that this has happened to?

BTW, if you're wondering why I just didnt talk to them ...
(continues)
MrAbstracto

Mar 17, 2007, 5:32 PM
You should have said "me too" in chinese.
Q_Q_Q

Mar 17, 2007, 5:35 PM
🤣
jarcher2828

Mar 18, 2007, 8:22 PM
hahaha 🤣
alcave21

Mar 17, 2007, 5:36 PM
yeah same here man...i speak moscoien dialect of hindi, spanish, italian, arabic(three dialects) little bit of japanese when im drunk( 🤣 ), and of course english and american....

and yes it has happened to me before.... 🤣

but it was with an couple from yemen(south right of saudi arabia...
raycarroll70

Mar 18, 2007, 5:55 PM
Yo soy un gringo flaco que puedo hablar en espanol tambien en ingles. I love it when the Latin Americans come into my store and start talking smack to one another on how they're going to try to pull one over on me and are shocked when I shut them down them stone cold in their tracks. Same things happens when the Irish Travellers come in too because even though I don't speak Gaelic or the Gaelic dialect(Slante) they do, I still can comprend about 80% of what they are saying. What's bad is I share a common last name, Carroll, with a good percentage of them that come into my store.
billthephoneguy

Mar 19, 2007, 10:02 AM
What area are you in that you see that many travelers?
goodbyejack

Mar 19, 2007, 11:39 AM
I have got to learn a foreign language. Spanish probally, a lot of our customers speak spanish. That would be awesome!
raycarroll70

Mar 19, 2007, 11:45 AM
Northeast GA. The Irish travellers are just over SC border in an area referred to as Murphy Village.
billthephoneguy

Mar 21, 2007, 9:54 AM
ok
DJ Parkay

Mar 20, 2007, 6:54 PM
You are a filthy person for eavesdropping. By the way I speak thug, old skool thug/pimp, ghetto byoch, drunken and non-drunken redneck, trailer park, inbred, white-devil, dirty south, and some english.
goodbyejack

Mar 21, 2007, 9:52 AM
Dude, we could use your skills at my store. I cant decypher any of those.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.