Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Need a reps Help

UWMJOSh

Mar 11, 2007, 10:27 PM
I used to work at a cingular store and was on my bosses phone plan. I only paid him $40 a month for unlimited data and share of 2,500 anytime minuets. Now he is canceling the line and I need a new plane. I'm looking for something with unlimited data and at least 500 anytime minuets. It has been a long time sense I work in the industry (about 6 months) and I was woundering what plans you guys would recomend. I'm willing to switch to any of the large carriers except T-mobile. I'm willing to spend like upto $65 a month and like $200 on a new phone. I love smartphones and would like something with wifi if it is available.

Thanks,
Josh
Hombre07

Mar 12, 2007, 12:18 AM
Well from Cingular that won't happen unless you come back to be an employee again. $65 a month will not get you at least 500 anytime minutes and any data plan. $39.99 will get you 450 but the next up is a nation 900 at $59.99. That leaves no room for data. If you're looking at a smartphone your data plan will run you $39.99 or more. And then for less than $200 you're looking at a Blackjack, Pearl, Treo 680, or Nokia e62. Of those I would say the Blackjack or the 680. If you want to keep it below $65 a month just get a media phone. Those run less than $100 and your lowest data plan is $19.99. If you text it will go up. Again with being below $65 you have to get a nation 450/unlimited m2m/5knw. How about expanding a little for me? Do you just ...
(continues)
UWMJOSh

Mar 12, 2007, 12:25 AM
Well I have always had a smartphone. Right now I have the blackberry 7290. I don't need to stick with cingular. I mostly use my phone for the calender/appointment keeper and I need to be able to get my g-mail accessed thru my phone. I said smartphone because I love the ability to install apps on my phone. On my old phone Motorola a925 I had a universal remote app and a few other apps that made my life a little easier. I also would like a qwerty keyboard for easy emails and text.
Hombre07

Mar 12, 2007, 7:34 AM
Even outside of Cingular I'm pretty sure your price is too low. You either need to drop your minute requirement or drop the data.
WhoDey

Mar 12, 2007, 5:21 PM
Sprint:

Power Pack 450, 7pm N&W, M2M, Roaming: 40
Power Vision: 15
Insurance: 7
Dont need texting with a device like that, send it through Email.
------------------
62 plus tax.
Check to see if current employer gets a corporate discount.

Treo 700 for 250 after all instant and mail in rebates.
not2brite

Mar 12, 2007, 8:18 AM
UWMJOSh said:
minuets, plane, minuets, sense, woundering, recomend

Josh, savge your money and invest in a GED...
not2brite

Mar 12, 2007, 8:19 AM
Boy, I'm fu(ked...I chastise my own lame typing...
frankiewawa

Mar 12, 2007, 8:29 AM
HAHAHA. You my be old, but you're fkn hilarious 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.