Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 66 replies

store reps are not the brightest

cingularcare

Mar 2, 2007, 9:23 PM
👿 please tell me guys do store reps just piss off customers for shats and giggles really we have to deal with the angry cust that leave the store pissed and its all due to the sales you try to get and blow it b/c ur rude
J0hnnyM

Mar 2, 2007, 9:25 PM
This is really ignorant.

No, we do NOT try to piss off customers.

We hate the angry customer as much as ANYONE who works in any type of retail enviroment would. What you're saying is just as ignorant as what the customer who pisses you off says.

Use your brain before you start passing the blame.
krickt

Mar 3, 2007, 10:12 AM
Amen, if we piss them off in person, we are more likely to get a physical backlash. You just have to listen to them on the phone. Plus, custies will twist anything if they can get you to give them what they want for free.
MargeInovera

Mar 3, 2007, 10:30 AM
Wow. I've been a Cingular Premier agent for a while, and I must say, that Cingular Customer Care is not always the brighest either! They REGULARY refer customers to our NON-COR stores for COR related functions, like SWAPS OF COR PROVIDED HANDSETS OR FREE BATTERY REPLACEMENT. I OFTEN see notes on account where cust referred to OUR SPECIFIC NON-COR STORE to assist cust with TELESALES PRODUCT OR WEBSITE ORDER THAT GOT ALL MESSED UP. Sorry, we didn't sell it, YOU FIX IT. If the Cingular Website or Telesales is going to undercut their dealers, then don't send them to me to fix the regular errors. New and Upgraded phones shipped to customers that won't activate. Customer tries according to instructions, but alas.... the sim card and the imei are n...
(continues)
Phoneo

Mar 5, 2007, 6:47 PM
Amen!
MrAbstracto

Mar 2, 2007, 9:25 PM
much better... 😁
cingularcare

Mar 2, 2007, 9:28 PM
thanks

but u still arent the HULK
Crapbag

Mar 2, 2007, 9:26 PM
No we are only rude to customers that you ever so politely refer to stores for all phone training and phone book transfers after you sold them service and added the wrong features. 😉
Q_Q_Q

i think its just those damn gophone custies that were kicking off our service that cause the problems and store reps and care reps like us get the crap for it
Crapbag

Mar 2, 2007, 9:32 PM
Gophones are generally used by either the elderly that have no idea what they are doing with their phone or those suffering from self inflicted poverty that have no qualms with lying to get what they want. In other words I absolutely agree with you. Gophone users are a headache.

Now before you jump on me for this Not2bright I did say generally allow for the 5% that are either handicapped or fully capable of utilizing their device, or both.
Q_Q_Q

Mar 2, 2007, 9:35 PM
trust me most of these people have no idea how to use their phones but with this tdma shut down its even worse these people go nuts when they hear they cant make payments or use their phone past the end of the month
cingularcare

Mar 2, 2007, 9:30 PM
bull i have cust callin in all the time due to store reps being rude and personally u guys are. and what u want a cookie for transfering a phonebook blow me
cingcing

How long you been a care rep?
Crapbag

Mar 2, 2007, 9:36 PM
I was just fighting fire with fire. I help all of your customers without complaint. I'm am perfectly nice to my customers. Most of my angry customers are here do to your screw ups. And don't think that all CC reps are peachy keen. I have regular complaints about that as well. The only difference is that you notate the account so we can at least generally follow up. And I don't "Blow" people. If I were to, you would be just as gay as me. You picked this fight not me.
Crapbag

🤣 Feel a little better now?
cingcing

Mar 2, 2007, 9:29 PM
A bit. 🙂

I just realized I speant 1170 hours on hold in the last three years.

Now I'm mad again. 😡
Crapbag

Mar 2, 2007, 9:39 PM
Just don't calculate how long you have spent in traffic let alone just at red lights. With as fast paced as life is these days you didn't need those years anyways.
cingcing

Mar 2, 2007, 9:42 PM
I spend 2 hours a day in traffic during the week. That's even more than on hold. 👿 I hope this guy posts some more so I can rip into him again. Only 20 min left though.
Q_Q_Q

Mar 2, 2007, 9:43 PM
well i walk to work but i do have alot of time spent on hold because of stupid custies out there 👿
cingcing

Mar 2, 2007, 9:45 PM
I wish I could walk to work. I'm running my car into the ground in stop and go traffic everyday.
Q_Q_Q

Mar 2, 2007, 9:46 PM
well i still take it to school but i live across the street from my call center so it saves a little though not much
skippyvan

Mar 2, 2007, 10:01 PM
Wow between being on hold, sitting in traffic, waiting at red lights, and forum trolling on phone scoop; I dont know how you can find the time to have a life.

We should remember that we are on the same side people. Who cares how you deal with custies (on phone/in person) just do your damn jobs most of the time, I believe, customers are pissed because of something that none of us have control over ("I got a late fee on my bill" or "I dropped my phone in the toilet" or "I have the IQ of a seven year old")
Crapbag

Mar 2, 2007, 10:04 PM
Relax this thread was burning itself out anyways.
Q_Q_Q

Mar 2, 2007, 10:14 PM
exactly we have nothing to do with their problem so but they insist its our fault and give us hell thus transferring their stress onto us, its enough to make you want to strangle someone 🤣 👿
cingcing

Mar 2, 2007, 10:20 PM
And yet I still do. 😁

I am not on the same side as some of these people, and I make no qualms about it. I know I do. Look, I am very versed in our policys. I am mis nformed multiple times a day. I don't even argue anymore, I just thank them and call back until I get some one who knows what the hell they are doing. I know it's not always their fault. The trraining available to them is sh!t. But the ones who have been there a while and are still clueless, i have no respect for.
Q_Q_Q

Mar 2, 2007, 10:22 PM
well mostly when they train they teach you basics like rates and things like that, they dont go so far into developing people skills or the ability to think for yourself in problematic situations so thus most care reps are ill prepared on the phones, its sad really
cingularcare

Mar 2, 2007, 10:22 PM
and same with store reps some do know how to do their jods and i thank them but for the others how had to get that job and hate being there and only piss off cust i give you the finger
cingcing

Mar 2, 2007, 10:29 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣

You know nothing.
cingularcare

Mar 2, 2007, 10:30 PM
thank u that really hurts that you think i know nothing thank you
Q_Q_Q

Mar 2, 2007, 10:31 PM
no i think youve made that much apparent to them now 🤣
cingularcare

yeah i do thanks i need to let that out
cingcing

Mar 2, 2007, 9:33 PM
He wasn't talking to you genius.
cingularcare

Mar 2, 2007, 9:34 PM
once again blow me 😲
Q_Q_Q

you just like to say that to people dont you? be original and say something new now
cingcing

Mar 2, 2007, 9:40 PM
There's nothing original about this jagoff.
Q_Q_Q

Mar 2, 2007, 9:42 PM
true that sir
cingcing

No. How long have you been a care rep?
J0hnnyM

Mar 2, 2007, 9:44 PM
I like how he didn't respond to my reply.

He knows I'm right.

The guy just wants to pick fights with all of us. If we leave him alone he won't know what to do.
Q_Q_Q

Mar 2, 2007, 9:45 PM
🤣 i think he'll cry or something seems kinda emo anyways 🤣
cingcing

Mar 2, 2007, 9:49 PM
He didn't really respond to mine either. I actually enjoy battling trolls from time to time. I treat them how I wish I could trat some customers.
cingularcare

Mar 2, 2007, 9:52 PM
troll... ur moms a troll..
cingcing

Mar 2, 2007, 9:56 PM
https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »

cingcing said:
There's nothing original about this jagoff.

Did I call it or what?
krickt

Mar 3, 2007, 10:26 AM
You are so clever...... 🤣
cingularcare

Mar 2, 2007, 9:50 PM
what jagoff u want to fight im not a level 3 dragon master like urself i can defend my self and im sure i can woop ur ass but being its over the net continue to talk ur neck
cingcing

Mar 2, 2007, 9:59 PM
Thank you for proving his point. 😁
krickt

Mar 3, 2007, 10:29 AM
Was that in English? Somebody translate for me. I'm getting too old to keep up with this crap.....
Q_Q_Q

Mar 2, 2007, 10:07 PM
so you come in here and rile everyone up just cause you got your feelings hurt by some radio shcak rep? man take a prozac or something man just chill
cingcing

Mar 2, 2007, 10:08 PM
He wont last much longer. Obviously the job is already getting to him.
Q_Q_Q

Mar 2, 2007, 10:15 PM
🤣 🤣
cingularcare

Mar 2, 2007, 10:27 PM
sorry to burst bubble but i actually like my job it pays well i live close to work plus theres gurls here unlike urs where the only gurl u talk to is ur mama
cingcing

Mar 2, 2007, 10:34 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣

Fishing off the company peir are you? That's an excellent way to lose your job.

You have no idea. It's like a parade in front of my store every day.
Q_Q_Q

Mar 2, 2007, 10:36 PM
kinda like dipping your pen in company ink right? i had to think about that one for a bit 🤣
cingularcare

Mar 2, 2007, 10:44 PM
a parade of youngin sicko first of all of us guys now the only gurls that hang out at malls at little girls and i would hope u wouldnt hit on any of them... but mr. i hate being on hold and driving in traffic i bet u would so i take it back
Crapbag

Mar 2, 2007, 10:46 PM
He doesn't work in a mall.
cingularcare

Mar 2, 2007, 10:52 PM
what you are his stooge..
cingcing

Mar 3, 2007, 12:07 AM
I don't work in a mall, and I don't have any stooges.
krickt

Mar 3, 2007, 10:16 AM
This guy isn't worth responding to anymore. He's a waste of space. With the new ToU's he'll be banned in no time..... Where's Raycarroll when you need him!
knn_dm

Mar 3, 2007, 8:36 PM
To Cingularcare:

I get lots of girls in my kiosk daily. I had your mom, your sister, and your girlfriend in here today.
krickt

Mar 3, 2007, 10:15 AM
What are you twelve? Geez, grow up.
MargeInovera

Mar 3, 2007, 10:16 AM
Wow. I've been a Cingular Premier agent for a while, and I must say, that Cingular Customer Care is not always the brighest either! They REGULARY refer customers to our NON-COR stores for COR related functions, like SWAPS OF COR PROVIDED HANDSETS OR FREE BATTERY REPLACEMENT. I OFTEN see notes on account where cust referred to OUR SPECIFIC NON-COR STORE to assist cust with TELESALES PRODUCT OR WEBSITE ORDER THAT GOT ALL MESSED UP. Sorry, we didn't sell it, YOU FIX IT. If the Cingular Website or Telesales is going to undercut their dealers, then don't send them to me to fix the regular errors. New and Upgraded phones shipped to customers that won't activate. Customer tries according to instructions, but alas.... the sim card and the imei ...
(continues)
krickt

Mar 3, 2007, 10:17 AM
He's just flaming, try to start garbage slinging. ignore him.
bdizzle

Mar 5, 2007, 6:02 PM
Is that why it took me 8 calls, and three trips to stores to do a simple warranty exchange?

I had wone BEUC rep tell me to just do an in store exchange. She was convinced that there was no XBM department, and had to check with her supervisor.

In my experience with Cingular, 1 out of every 10 CSR's have enough intellegence to turn on a light switch. A couple years ago this was different, but after the merger Cingular blew out all the reps who had a clue!
cingularcare

Mar 5, 2007, 7:18 PM
ok ill be the first to say yea there are sum csr's that i work with that have no clue what their doing or how to find the correct info or which dept does what... but policy does state that a device can be exchange either thru the warranty dept or at a cingular store only if its a device problem... but u and i know that custies always hide the truth due to ppl like us that make fun at their expence.. but really this thread was a vent session
bdizzle

Mar 5, 2007, 7:38 PM
I am a former Cingular emp. And now a customer. In this market, the only way to get an in store replacement is to bitch enough times, and climb the escalation ladder. As a Cingular emp. I only did 1 or 2 in store warranty exchanges.

The rep I spoke to did not know there was an exchange by mail program 🙄 I have spoken to some decent reps, but who has time to call back 10 times to get a hold of someone who knows how to do thier job. I guess I just expect too much from people.
cingularcare

Mar 5, 2007, 7:53 PM
the rep that no idea about the xbm is not the brightest due that ever provider has a xbm and for that i feel ur pain having to call back several time i have done that and the sad thing is i work for cingular and i have to call the same number countless times just so i can get someone who knows what their doing...
StarryNight

Mar 6, 2007, 3:29 PM
I deal with ten times more issues in my STORE because of reps in care or at 3rd party dealers that misinform customers than we have people storm out angrily. Not to say that some care reps aren't great, because I've come across some great ones over the years, however I have had MANY instances of calling on behalf of customers, knowing FULLY that there was an issue, and telling them exactly what the issue was, and they still try to brush me off to another department, or just tell me that what I'm saying is impossible (even when I know it's not). It's completely infuriating.

As a side note, I feel like I must explain that I work in a tiny little state, and I happen to work in the only corporate store my carrier has in this state, so betwee...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.