Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 29 replies

the next customer that comes in..

itsLACY_thanks

Mar 1, 2007, 9:56 PM
that doesnt want my help just because they figure that i dont know anything because i look young, short, and am a girl is going to get run over by my damn car.

dont you HATE it when customers swear like you dont know anything. ive worked in the cell phone industry for about three years now. im not saying that i know everything and that im the sh!t at what i do but COME ON. seriously? i work for this company for a reason. i am a LEAD for a reason. just because i am small and am a girl doesnt mean that i dont know the difference between this phone and that. it doesnt mean that i dont know as much if not more then the next person. damn prejudging sons of a b!tches.

i swear.. i love it when customers steer away from me when they come ...
(continues)
iamverybored

Mar 1, 2007, 9:59 PM
spoken like true paisa 🤣
krickt

Mar 2, 2007, 11:22 AM
A line that has worked for me in the past when a man is chosen to do a job I'm more qualified/educated to do, then asks me for help.

"Those little dangly things between your legs have the answer, right? That's why this person picked you for this job, so use them!"

It usually makes both the person who went past you to the man feel bad, and hopefully, the man asking for help get's the joke and laughs. Warn them ahead of time. They should, especially if you are lead and getting rudeness of customers, pass the customer back to you anyway.
spidermon

Mar 2, 2007, 7:53 PM
You would know how to fix this problem if you were not a dumb girl with a dumb head on your dumb shoulders. 😎 J/K what do you care so your a cute chick, wow let me cry for you hold on im getting some kleenex. Learn to use what you have and in case you dont know good looks are the greatest gift a person can get. Rich people pay a fortune to have what you do so be happy. 😎

No matter how rich you are if you are ugly you will always be jealous of me. 🤣 😎
krickt

Mar 3, 2007, 10:42 AM
You are silly. But amusing. I'm not a chick, I'm a full blown woman, probably old enough to be your mother. So now that I've stimulated your Oedipus, go away.
spidermon

Mar 3, 2007, 3:49 PM
I love a good Oedipus stimulating I'm sure that your not as old as you think. 😎
krickt

Mar 6, 2007, 11:18 AM
41 in April, honey.
spidermon

Mar 3, 2007, 3:50 PM
and I was talking to LACY I was just tolazy to back out of the screen. 😎
krickt

Mar 6, 2007, 11:18 AM
okay
ralph_on_me

Mar 3, 2007, 4:00 PM
You're not that old Krickt. Woman, yes, people's mother... only if you had them when you were a child yourself. You're about 2 decades younger than my mother.
spidermon

Mar 3, 2007, 4:08 PM
Wow that makes you like 5 years older then me "Mom" 🤣 😎
ralph_on_me

Mar 3, 2007, 4:58 PM
Your mom is younger than me? How old are you, 4?
krickt

Mar 6, 2007, 11:21 AM
Most of the people in this forum (at least that I've talked to) are in their mid to early 20's, and that makes me old enough to be their mother. When I turned 31, one of my husband's friends became a grandparent. He and his wife were 6 months younger than us. I'm still not old enough to be a grandparent, and it's 10 years later!
mallbound

Mar 3, 2007, 12:32 PM
Hmm, I've noticed that people do usually ask me questions over the female coworkers I have. Granted in my case I do actually know more than them, as I have worked 3 times as much as they have, but how do customers know that when they walk up. In my experience, I have customers ask me the questions and then buy whatever the hot girl working with me offers (after saying no to me, as yes I do know how to sell). I'd rather get the sales than the million, my email doesn't work, how do I do..., questions.
J0hnnyM

Mar 3, 2007, 12:35 PM
This is true.

After working in Jewelry and cell phones I know that a female worker will sell more whether or not she knows about the product.

We hired a cute little college girl at the jewelry store for temporary help during the winter season and she was 2nd in sales behind our top girl who is the assistant manager.

The three guys that work there usually don't do as well even though they are great salesmen.
MrAbstracto

Mar 3, 2007, 12:52 PM
Its all about the boobies.
J0hnnyM

Mar 3, 2007, 12:53 PM
True, I know some girls who lack in that particular field and they don't sell as much.

It's not that I'm a pig, it's just that I know pigs.
MrAbstracto

Mar 3, 2007, 12:57 PM
I like boobies.
J0hnnyM

Mar 3, 2007, 12:58 PM
I do enjoy the occasional nipple as well.
MrAbstracto

Mar 3, 2007, 1:02 PM
I like them kinda small. giant boobies are gross.
J0hnnyM

Mar 3, 2007, 1:03 PM
Indeed. Anything disproportioned is nasty.
MrAbstracto

Mar 3, 2007, 1:08 PM
agreed.
proportion=beauty
chocolateman85006

Mar 3, 2007, 4:01 PM
But not too small. I like C & D.
3gee

Mar 6, 2007, 11:34 AM
Use this as a rule of thumb. Anything more than a cubic mouthfull is too much. 😉
StarryNight

Mar 6, 2007, 2:51 PM
From experience it seems like females definitely do better in sales.

I used to sell cars, and I was the only female sales person at my dealership. I worked there for five months, and I was number 1 or 2 every month I was there.

The beauty of it (in the auto industry, anyway) is that almost every male customer I had assumed I had NO IDEA what I was talking about and that he'd DEFINTELY be able to out-do me when it came to negotiation. While this was a little insulting, it was equally fun to play with their egos. When they'd put up a fuss about price, i'd slip in an "Oh, it's okay. I know, not everyone can afford to drive a Volkswagen...". That line sold a few cars for me...

And female customers were GREAT. They'd flock to me becaus...
(continues)
PhoneHero

Mar 3, 2007, 3:56 PM
that's funny cause 2 of our top 5 reps in the company are women 😁

but i feel ya, i hate it when customers assume that i look spanish that i don't speak english.
lilmissqt28

Mar 3, 2007, 4:13 PM
funny u say this.. just today I had a gentleman come in to buy a BT headset. He knew which one he wanted so i didn't have to help him, just key it out. While I'm keying it out he turns to my co worker (a male) and says "Can you set this up for me?" I looked at him n replied "Why can't I set it up for you?" He just looked shocked n apologized
charliegirl

Mar 3, 2007, 5:06 PM
I used to get that all the time when I worked in Home Audio. I have actually had multiple customers ask me to find them a guy to help them. When that happened the guys would pretend they didn't know anything and every question the custy asked they would turn and ask me 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 Stupid people!! Don't they realize that in order to work there we need to be trained and knowledgeable about what we sell
captainplooky

Mar 3, 2007, 5:18 PM

Don't they realize that in order to work there we need to be trained and knowledgeable about what we sell

By the same token, it's amazing what you can overhear when you are around salespeople and customers and they are unaware their conversation is carrying.
charliegirl

Mar 3, 2007, 5:20 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.