Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Why lie??

lilmissqt28

Mar 1, 2007, 5:02 PM
young girl prolly 16 walks up with a phone, box, and order form showing me that she obviously ordered this over the phone.. our convo follows..

M: Can I help you?
H: Yeah, I got this less than 24 hrs ago and the camera is not working
M: You're gonna have to call customer service since that's where you ordered from
H: But I got it here
M: You got that at my store?
H: Well, I got it from Cingular
M: Over the phone?
H: Yes.
M: Then, you'll have to contact them. If you would've bought it "here" I would replace it in less then 5 minutes. Have a great day! 😁
krickt

Mar 1, 2007, 5:56 PM
Amen! I've had three people in today that bought phones full price elsewhere then wanted me to transfer phone book for free. Not on your life. Seriously, who cares about a $10 transfer fee when you just paid $400 for a phone? Your taxes are more than that for heaven's sake!
Robert S.

Mar 2, 2007, 1:59 PM
For real, they think they can buy phones over the internet or over the phone and then come to a store where they could have one on one service and want a refund even though they went around you to get the phone. Its unbelieveable we dealers got bills to
captainplooky

Mar 2, 2007, 2:13 PM
Maybe people are more upset about the fact that the wireless carriers and phone manufacturers have not come up with generic standard for the encoding of such trivial information and are angry over that and how the carriers use it as yet another method to increase revenue, however, they simply do not know how to express that or perhaps are not consciously aware of that feeling, and accordingly, berate the fee?
krickt

Mar 2, 2007, 2:18 PM
They aren't berating the fee, they are berating me. I'm not rude, but if you don't pay me, you don't get a service. No amount of whining, yelling or berating will change that.

There are many things in the world that upset me and confuse me, but it would never occur to me to go yell at the bank teller because interest rates are too high. Geez.
Robert S.

Mar 2, 2007, 2:27 PM
Alot of big words there Captain but you have a point, the cellular industry should make it more streamlined i guesss you could say, because they probably dont know that a kiosk a store a corporate store, walmart, radioshack, Call center, Cingular website and all other places that sell cell phones arent the same and arent anyway connected except they have Cingular some where in there store. Even though with car companies you cant buy a used one and go to a newcar dealership and ask them to help with the warranty and gun companies if you order one from the company and you take it to the store to be repaired theyll take you to take a walk, and even though with computer companies and many other big businesses you cant buy something from one area...
(continues)
krickt

Mar 2, 2007, 2:28 PM
He doesn't get it, he never will.
captainplooky

Mar 2, 2007, 2:51 PM
Get what?
robtheman

Mar 2, 2007, 2:56 PM
That a lot of businesses work like that. I mean businesses that have corporate and franchise stores. Radio Shack, for example, doesn't need to return items purchased at a franchise store and vice versa. That's due to the fact that a franchise store can carry whatever they want. Something purchased at a franchise store won't necessarily be in the computer system for a corporate store. The corporate store can't return it.

Nothing against Radio Shack. I'm just pointing out that the cell phone industry is not alone in the way all of this works...
krickt

Mar 2, 2007, 3:00 PM
We are a RadioShack Dealer as well as a cellphone agent. We get people in here everyday who bought something on vacation in Jackson Hole, Wy or somewhere else just as far away, or two towns away. They don't understand that I cannot and will not accept a return for anything not purchased in my store, and, again, no amount of whining, yelling, swearing or threatening me with your lawyer is going to change that. That's when I start playing solitare on my computer. They don't exist anymore when they start doing that stuff.
captainplooky

Mar 2, 2007, 2:50 PM
Yeah, that's not cool.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.