Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 55 replies

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whizzzel

Feb 28, 2007, 10:07 AM
I have been out sick four times in the last three months. Three weeks ago I watched some girl puke all over her cubicle and get up and leave without cleaning it up. No one has cleaned it up to this very day. Seats are first come first serve here and there is no one who cleans the desks at all.

After getting sick (literally) and disgusted by looking at peoples half eaten finger nails trapped in my keyboard, or trying to identify the sticky spot on my desk that I just accidentally put my hand in, or even seeing someone's booger collection on the carpeted wall of the cubicle I decided to take action.

I started bringing Clorox disinfecting wipes and cleaning whatever dest I sat at for the day. The people on my team joined in and our entir...
(continues)
BHBEB12

Feb 28, 2007, 10:10 AM
😲 WHAT?! That's ridiculous
SarahJo

Feb 28, 2007, 10:11 AM
And God forbid you try to use soap when washing your hands, too!
Whizzzel

Feb 28, 2007, 10:15 AM
They don't even use cleaner here.... just water.... to wash the floor (they start in the bathrooms and go through the break room than the main floors.... same bucket) and the tables.... all because that stupid wh0re won't research the safety protocols for soap!
spidermon

Mar 1, 2007, 5:27 PM
this story is the most ridiculousthing I have ever heard you probably tried to throw the wipes at someone or something. 😎
Whizzzel

Mar 2, 2007, 8:49 AM
I wish I could take a picture......
ralph_on_me

Feb 28, 2007, 10:57 AM
Is there a dress code at your place of work? I'd start wearing rubber gloves and a paper mask to work every day. If they wont clean it, you can still be healthy and you'll be making a point.

You might also want to contact OSHA.
krickt

Feb 28, 2007, 12:14 PM
What he said, OSHA will have the rules and regulations the janitors are supposed to be following. As well as approved cleaners and chemicals for different jobsite reqirements. Use that wonderful camera in your phone and document and send messages to your HR department and any other VP you can think of that would overcome the janitor's pettiness.
Whizzzel

Feb 28, 2007, 12:20 PM
No cell phones allowed in the buiding.... automatic termination.... no camera's recorders, even paper
ralph_on_me

Feb 28, 2007, 12:22 PM
So you couldn't even "draw" the mess. Leaving human excrement (which includes vomit) on a desk for weeks without cleaning is a biological hazard. They could get the pants sued off them. I say go past HR and talk to OSHA directly. If they fire you, you've got a wrongful termination suit on your hands.
Crapbag

Feb 28, 2007, 1:25 PM
Its too bad that they don't monitor more buisnesses like they do food service. For instance any food service job you work at will have all safty protocols posted in plain site not to mention OSHAs' phone number to report violations. This should be mandatory at all forms of buisness.
ralph_on_me

Feb 28, 2007, 1:27 PM
We have to have OSHA and FMLA and 3 other posters up at each of our stores.
Crapbag

Feb 28, 2007, 1:35 PM
We do here as well but that is because Gevity requires it. I have worked at a few small businesses where this was over looked.
krickt

Feb 28, 2007, 12:23 PM
And you work for a Cellphone company? That's just wrong. You could circulate a petition documenting the conditions and pass that on to the powers that be. When I worked at Speigel, we had a similar problem, it was solved when three entire shifts refused to log in without antibacterial wipes. The very next day, they had them at every terminal.
ralph_on_me

Feb 28, 2007, 12:27 PM
They can't bring in paper, thus no petition.
krickt

Feb 28, 2007, 12:29 PM
Can't bring in paper, but can nab some out of a printer somewhere, I'm sure there's a ream or two in the building.
ralph_on_me

Feb 28, 2007, 1:21 PM
Good idea. They may not have access to printers though. If it's a call center they wouldn't have reason to be printing much out. Maybe a fax machine though...
Whizzzel

Feb 28, 2007, 1:36 PM
I don't have access to email, printer, fax..... anything like that

whats osha's number?
DigAHole

Feb 28, 2007, 12:59 PM
working underneath Hitler going for you?

No paper, cell phones, wipes? I would seriously bet that if you contacted the higher ups within your company, as well as HR, as well as OHSA, someone would come to your side.

Other than that, I would never take that sh*t from your boss.
Whizzzel

Feb 28, 2007, 1:15 PM
Yeah.... i'm gonna do something..... there are a bunch of oily brown stains on my desk at this very second that I am scared to find out what they are
DigAHole

Feb 28, 2007, 1:24 PM
That's just f*cking repulsing.
Technologic

Feb 28, 2007, 1:25 PM
If it makes you feel better, I've got a filthy desk too.

u.u
ralph_on_me

This whole thread is making me want to clean my store.
Technologic

Feb 28, 2007, 1:28 PM
I wish I could clean this place... Sitting down to a repulsive desk and seeing the greesey surface before you have to feel it is just wrong on so many levels.
Crapbag

Feb 28, 2007, 1:29 PM
*shivers in disgust

No wonder call centers always have people out sick!
Technologic

Feb 28, 2007, 1:33 PM
Well, if the end of man is viruses and bacteria... it will start with this place.
Crapbag

Feb 28, 2007, 1:38 PM
🤣 Forget Africa the new strains of Filo Viruses will be coming from the call centers! I feel sorry for you.
Whizzzel

Feb 28, 2007, 1:39 PM
The fact that everyone here smells like stale B.O that has grown mold and THEN went rancid makes it even worse
krickt

Feb 28, 2007, 5:29 PM
Oh, gee whiz! Thanks for a mental image that I'll never get out of my mind!
Whizzzel

Feb 28, 2007, 5:57 PM
..... props on the pun......
Nikoletta

Mar 1, 2007, 9:22 PM
Defiantly, that was my first thought too, scream for OSHA and don't stop screaming until they make your working conditions sanitary.
Crapbag

WWW.OSHA.gov is the web address. If you tell me what state you work in I can also get you their local contact number. 😉
Crapbag

Feb 28, 2007, 1:33 PM
You should absolutely file a complaint. You can do it anonymously if you want. Not only can you claim an unsafe work environment but you can also claim discrimination within 30 days if you bring this hazard to your superiors attention and they threaten you with discipline.
Whizzzel

Feb 28, 2007, 1:38 PM
Texas
Crapbag

Dallas (214)767-4731
Whizzzel

Is there a Houston number?
Crapbag

Feb 28, 2007, 1:41 PM
Nope
Whizzzel

Feb 28, 2007, 1:42 PM
Thanks...... i will give em a call
option32

Feb 28, 2007, 3:59 PM
do you live in california?
Whizzzel

Feb 28, 2007, 4:06 PM
we're in Texas
option32

Feb 28, 2007, 4:47 PM
oo almost as bad.
oudidntkn0w

Feb 28, 2007, 4:49 PM
If I were you, I would be calling OSHA, The state board of Health, The local media tv stations, EVERYONE, that is friken disgusting.

Keep bringing disinfecting wipes, if you get fired, sue sue sue for unlawful termination.

Either all that, or you can take a crap in the middle of the floor and see how long it stays there until someone cleans it up. Puke in some PC towers, on your supervisors key .. Sneak some rotten gutted fish in and leave them in garbage cans, filing cabinets, printers, faxes, everything. If they want the place and ecological disaster, might as well help speed up the process.
Whizzzel

Feb 28, 2007, 5:56 PM
I like you......
oudidntkn0w

Mar 1, 2007, 1:33 AM
😁 I know I just have a demented mind when it comes to revenge. You dont even want to know what Id do to a customers phone if given the chance lol
Whizzzel

Mar 1, 2007, 9:18 AM
Something along the lines of "Yessir I will help you....." and then procede to extend their contract and tack on every extra charge you can with a special memo that says "Don't let cust rebute charges!!!!!"
oudidntkn0w

Mar 1, 2007, 6:25 PM
No like rub the speaker/mic part of their phone on certain dirty things/body parts/objects in the restroom..

haha but good ideas

One of the funniest, yet best revenge things I heard of someone doing is shoving a bunch of cotton from a Q-Tip or something down this guys Moto Q headphone jack and it was packed down in there tight. Sucks when he will have to return the headphones he bought with them haha.. however that rep is no longer with the company for other reasons.
Grantizzle

Feb 28, 2007, 4:54 PM
that is so weird. when i worked in a call center, we were encouraged to bring in the clorox wipes.
crystal

Feb 28, 2007, 5:00 PM
i'm confused. you don't have access to e-mail or anything, but you can get on phonescoop forums during work?

that's pretty disgusting. i would tell her to take the crusty pile of leftover vomit and shove it up...well, you know where i'm going with this.
Whizzzel

Feb 28, 2007, 5:47 PM
it's technically defined as a competitor website.... everything else is blocked blocked
xmatt02x

Feb 28, 2007, 6:00 PM
haha mine is classified as a competitor website too
Q_Q_Q

Feb 28, 2007, 9:28 PM
ok and you work where?? i just want to make sure i dont EVER accidentally stumble across that place and try for a job
Whizzzel

Mar 1, 2007, 9:19 AM
It's a third party center in Houston
3g-g-g-unit

Mar 1, 2007, 1:34 PM
I'd take a big wet sh*t in a ziploc bag, sneak it in as Thai food, microwave it, open the bag and spin around in circles 🤣
Whizzzel

Mar 1, 2007, 1:50 PM
::gags::
krickt

Mar 1, 2007, 4:17 PM
naw, don't open it, just punch a couple of holes in the baggie, then spin around..... That will distribute better. (Don't ask me how I know that)
oudidntkn0w

Mar 1, 2007, 6:30 PM
Id say just take a crap in the bathroom and dont flush, have about 3 people do that at the same time. 2 People did this at one of my old jobs, they left a huge mess (use your imagination) and the bathroom had to be closed for a week while a professional biohazard team cleaned up.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.