Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Ive been with you for 2 years, what specials are you going to give me?

Crapbag

Feb 20, 2007, 8:11 PM
I personally hate when this is how a conversation opens. I swear these people have a hand book or something because when i point out the 2 year discounted price on equipment they ask me to cut them a better deal do to time with the company. If i had a different price wouldn't they think i would just post it? Further more why would i do it just for you mister joe customer i have never seen before?
not2brite

Feb 20, 2007, 8:12 PM
You can always give a happy ending! 😲
option32

Feb 20, 2007, 8:16 PM
usually the way to get around it is to throw in a free carcharger or case, since we know that most of things only cost the company a couple of bucks, but yet we charge 20 - 30 bucks for them on a regular basis.

Or i take into account how much they spend per month and all of that, and not to mention their attitude towards me.

If they are just being jerks then i dont budge on the price.

But then again, i have acquired the art of wheeling and dealing from my dad, who gets damn near everything at 50% off haha.
Crapbag

Feb 20, 2007, 8:37 PM
I don't like giving out free accessories simply because i don't like to form an expectation for the future when dealing with these customers. The only time i discount accessories is if the customer is like five to ten shy of what i'm asking and only has cash.
Nikoletta

Feb 20, 2007, 9:48 PM
See but if they start out with the "I want you to treat me like a princess" line they're probably going to be a jerk... that particular intro just screams "JERK!" in big bold letters to me.
Crapbag

Feb 20, 2007, 9:49 PM
Not to mention half the time they have past due balances and can't upgrade at the time anyways! 🙄
Foamy

Feb 22, 2007, 10:38 AM
Must be nice to have the option.

If I gave so much as $1 off anything that wasn't an "authorized discount" it's coming directly out of my check.

If I get somebody who wants the royal treatment, they get pointed to the royal exit because even if I wanted to give them special treatment, and I don't, I couldn't.
Crapbag

Feb 20, 2007, 8:28 PM
Happy endings only exist in fairy tales and asian(as in the continent) massage parlors.
Hayate

Feb 20, 2007, 8:32 PM
I just hate when people come up and start with "Do you guys have any specials?" If you say no, or if you just quote the normal discounted price with activation, they leave because you don't have any "specials". It's ridiculous.
Crapbag

Feb 20, 2007, 8:35 PM
Maybe i should keep a flashy hat and balloons just in case someone comes in and asks. I could then whip them out and conduct business as normal under the guise of specials! I would have to talk fast and say "NOW SURELY THAT SOUNDS NICE TO YA!!!"
spidermon

Feb 21, 2007, 4:23 PM
Thats what I do I say absolutly we run specials all the time and then I quote our normal prices. People that ask that question dont care what the deal is as long as you tell them they are getting one. duh 😎

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.