Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

It's voice mail, not rocket science...

GTO_chick

Feb 16, 2007, 3:00 PM
Why!? Am I the only one (I know I am not, but humor me) that has at least 1 or 2 customers per day that need help retrieving voice mail and as you walk them through the process, they either stand staring at their phone as if the message is going to appear on the screen, or they hand the phone to you so that you can listen to cousin billy bob telling you about his cousin's girlfriend's new pet pig's brother's nephew and all of this other nonsense that you could really give a crap about? Why oh why do they think voice mail is so complicated?
krickt

Feb 16, 2007, 3:21 PM
Oh, you are getting off easy! I get over 5 a day, some days. Today, I have sold 3 activations, and all three of them will be back later because they don't understand the voicemail. And I programmed it to retrieve by just holding down one key!
kiosk_hell

Feb 16, 2007, 3:25 PM
I don't envy your job at all...explaining cell phones to okies and the elderly all day must take every ounce of patience you can muster. Luckily much of our customer base is college students and soldiers, so they generally consult the manual if they have questions rather than having us walk them through everything.
krickt

Feb 16, 2007, 3:27 PM
I always ask if there are children or grandchildren available for help when they need it. It's the one's who's grandchildren are older than me that have the most problems with phones.
dkhound

Feb 16, 2007, 3:54 PM
I just tell them I am setting up their voicemail for them. I set it in speed dail and with pause and there passcode so all they have to do it press on button and it enters their password for them.
GTO_chick

Feb 16, 2007, 4:01 PM
I agree. This one I just had actually had it all set up, but she had lost her phone and needed it setup again. Of course, we had to reset the password because hs didn't know it, but she was still completely lost after I got it setup again. She just stood there looking at me and the phone not listening to it at all.
GTO_chick

Feb 16, 2007, 3:33 PM
i have done the speed dial thing too and they just don't get it. I always tell them to hold it until it says calling voice mail and then listen, but they still keep holding the button.....AAAAUUUGHHH
Hayate

Feb 18, 2007, 1:18 PM
Here's my favorite voice mail customer of all time:

C: What is that little thing on my screen? (points at voice mail icon)

M: That means you have a voice mail.

C: Get rid of it!

M: ....What?

C: Get rid of it! I don't want it! I don't want that on my screen!

M: You mean...the problem you have with this is the fact that there is a tiny icon on the top of your phone's screen?

C: Yes. I don't want it! I didn't ask for it, I don't want it there.

M: You realize it's just letting you know you have a voice mail, right?

C: I don't want it! Just get rid of it! Why are you making this difficult!?

M: Just listen to the voice mail and it'll go away.

C: I don't know how.

M: You just hold down the 1 button until it...
(continues)
alcave21

Feb 18, 2007, 1:27 PM
yeah she is a nut.....feel sorry for her bf or hubby..........wait a minute...was she wearing a pink top with blue jeans and flip flops.... ๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ˜Ž
GTO_chick

Feb 19, 2007, 10:16 AM
Yes, that customer would have made me nuts ๐Ÿคฃ
oudidntkn0w

Feb 19, 2007, 11:04 PM
thats when u just delete her voicemail box and a few other features on the acct lol

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.