Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 38 replies

one simple, serious question

jalanjalaning

Feb 11, 2007, 1:52 PM
is it not common knowledge that to return/exhange something you must have the packaging in which you got it?

seriously, is this something that people really don't know?
Be a Randall not a Dante

Feb 11, 2007, 1:58 PM
No seriously go watch the returns at a Wallmart for like two hours. People get store credit for returning stuff that Wallmart doesn't even sell. If you find a dead cat on the side of the rode, go take it to Wallmart and get 20$ store credit. I had someone who in two days managed to rip up a leather cell phone case into little bits and wanted to return it without box or reciept, and there response when I told them no is to say they'd just take it over to Wallmart cause they'd except it even though they didn't buy it there.
robtheman

Feb 11, 2007, 2:01 PM
I hate Wal-Mart.
jalanjalaning

Feb 11, 2007, 2:09 PM
i've heard that before... i've never been to a wal-mart (raise by hippies)... that's crazy that they would do that... people who shop at wal mart should die anyway...
robtheman

Feb 11, 2007, 2:11 PM
A friend of mine was moving his stuff across town. He had a computer desk in the back of his truck which was all chewed up after a year or two of use. He was using the computer desk box to move some of his other stuff. The desk fell off the back of the truck and broke into pieces all over the road. He went and collected all the pieces, put them back in the original box, went back to Wal-Mart, and exchanged it for a new one.
jalanjalaning

Feb 11, 2007, 2:15 PM
seriously?!!? i'm about to go to walmart to exchange some junk!

oh wait, i think if i step half a foot in one i will explode...
katrina

Feb 11, 2007, 3:50 PM
I don't explode when I go to walmart, i just get very very depressed LOL
krickt

Feb 12, 2007, 11:51 AM
That's because the Dementors run WalMart, and they remove part of your soul every time you go in. Just look into the eyes of someone coming out, they are glazed over!
chocolateman85006

Feb 12, 2007, 1:44 PM
Walmart is the Anti-Christ!
Hayate

Feb 12, 2007, 5:59 PM
I bought a wireless router a couple years ago from Fry's Electronics in Phoenix. When I just moved into a new apartment, the router randomly quit working. Walmart sells that one for $60, but has a newer model that has the speed booster thing so it works faster for $120. I bought the $120 one and I just put the old one in the new box and returned it 30 minutes later. It looked the same but there was a sticker on the top with the model number and everything and they just missed it I guess.

I got a full refund and since I was planning on that money being gone anyway, I paid the extra $10 and bought a new DS Lite.

Another thing that works pretty much any time is getting to the register and saying "I called earlier and they told me that...
(continues)
robtheman

Feb 12, 2007, 6:00 PM
🤣

I'll have to try that register thing. I know quite a few people that work at Wal-Mart though so I might not be able to get away with it.
Hayate

Feb 12, 2007, 6:15 PM
It works a lot. You used to be able to say [insert store] had it cheaper, but now they require an ad. I've gotten $20 DVDs for $11, $50 games for $30, and all kinds of other stuff. It probably wouldn't work with food and clothes where you obviously wouldn't call in for a price, but if it's something that you would reasonably call in for it'll work most of the time. And if it doesn't, you still pay less than you would anywhere else...
alejandro

Feb 12, 2007, 7:25 PM
I'm a sucker for a girl and one time i was walking to wal-mart to buy a soda and a girl asked me to return stuff that she probably shop-lifted, she had some sob story about messing up a paint job at a new job and not having enough money to finish it. She said she didnt have an ID for the return and asked me to do it.

It was like shotgun shells and some stuff from the sporting goods section, stuff i had no business returning, but they had no problem returning it for me and giving me a gift card to give to her.
Hayate

Feb 12, 2007, 7:38 PM
Yeah, it's pretty amazing how lenient they are. You can bring in an item without the box or manuals, and oftentimes even missing small parts and they'll take it back. Half the time they don't even check it.
alcave21

Feb 11, 2007, 2:19 PM
yeah til this day i still dont even know what walmart actually is....i hear rumours and stuff....but that is as far as i go.....but if you mention costco or sam's club...im all in that.... 🤣 👀 😎

does that make me a bad person.....
jalanjalaning

Feb 11, 2007, 2:35 PM
maybe...

sams club and wallie world are essentially the same thing... plus i heard sams only takes cash... so i can't go there anyway...

i've never heard of costco...
alcave21

Feb 11, 2007, 2:57 PM
yeah they do.....and costco is like walmart's only competition..... 😎
robtheman

Feb 11, 2007, 3:07 PM
I disagree. You can't buy a 5 gallon jug of mayonnaise in Wal-Mart. Nor can you buy condoms in bulk.
alcave21

Feb 11, 2007, 3:11 PM
i concur......and you never know when you will need 5 gallons of mayonnaise...probably on the same day you will need the 50 pack of condoms.... 😎
robtheman

Feb 11, 2007, 3:13 PM
😳

Sounds like a strange new version of mud wrestling.
txsolitaire

Feb 11, 2007, 3:13 PM
poor man's astroglide
jalanjalaning

Feb 11, 2007, 3:44 PM
😕
Foamy

Feb 12, 2007, 10:26 AM
But Sam's club and Wal-Mart are owned by the same company. So, they're essentially the same products, just in different quantities.
robtheman

Feb 12, 2007, 11:58 AM
I was talking about Costco, not Sam's Club. You're right, but it still applies. You can't buy a 5 gallon jug of mayonnaise at Wal-Mart.
Foamy

Feb 12, 2007, 12:02 PM
And thank God for that. Have you seen the average weight of a Wal-Mart shopper? If you give them access to large quantities of foods like that they'll have to start putting fork lifts at the front door instead of those motorized shopping scooter things (I don't know what the hell to call those).
robtheman

Feb 12, 2007, 12:13 PM
Ha ha, oh man. Have you ever watched those documentaries on the fat people that are fat because they won't stop eating? Those are hilarious. They try to make you feel bad for these people, but my thoughts while watching it boil down to, "These people are idiots. Why don't they just stop eating 35,000 calories a day and lose weight? Maybe they could walk around the block." There was one guy that hadn't been able to walk for 6 years, and he's crying in his bed...the whole time, he's eating a salad with extra dressing and some chicken. Hilarous.
krickt

Feb 12, 2007, 12:15 PM
Actually, from time to time, you can get bulk at Walmart, but you never know what they will offer.
robtheman

Feb 12, 2007, 12:18 PM
The largest I've ever seen at Wal-Mart is a one gallon jug...which is still ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as 5 gallon jugs. Who buys those? There is obviously enough of a demand to keep carrying stuff like that. Maybe it's Mormon families.
Foamy

Feb 12, 2007, 12:44 PM
Actually, alot of small businesses buy their supplies from there. They actually give a membership discount if you're a small business owner.
robtheman

Feb 12, 2007, 12:49 PM
I guess if you're a local restaurant owner. I can't think of any other business that would need 5 gallons of mayonnaise. Maybe an office supply store.
Foamy

Feb 12, 2007, 12:57 PM
Yeah, as far as the mayonnaise goes, I'd imagine only a restaurant would need that large of a supply.

Then again, there are people that only shop once every few months.

I actually once seen a couple there that had 3 carts overflowing with food items. And the guy actually told me (I was behind him in line, and I guess he felt compelled to explain himself) that they only shop 3 times a year.
robtheman

Feb 12, 2007, 1:02 PM
Doesn't mayonnaise go bad after a short period of time?

That still doesn't explain the condoms in bulk though. Not unless you work in a Las Vegas brothel.
Hayate

Feb 12, 2007, 6:00 PM
There are a lot of things about Walmart that suck, but the fact is they're cheaper than anyone else. If there was any chance of them being hurt by me shopping elsewhere, I'd be all for it. However, if I have a choice between spending 10% or 20% more to buy a product at a different corporation's store, I'd rather save the money and buy it at Walmart.
alejandro

Feb 12, 2007, 7:27 PM
Actually It's cheaper for me to buy groceries at the local grocery store but when i get the stuff that is on sale, while stuff at wal-mart is cheaper all the time, if i stop by weis or food lion or martins i just have to buy the stuff that is on sale. I only buy something small there when i need to get change for my debit card and dont want the transaction fee.
Hayate

Feb 12, 2007, 7:37 PM
That's true. The local Basha's has stuff cheaper than Walmart when it's on sale too. Either way, I'd rather pay less money to get the same product. If it's cheaper at Walmart, I'll buy it there. If it's cheaper elsewhere I'll buy it elsewhere.
craptacularwireless

Feb 12, 2007, 3:34 PM
Apparently not. It seems that people don't understand that wireless stores are like other places: you still need to bring everything back. The only place that allows you to return things without the packaging is Wal-Mart. Damn them.
NinjaMonkey

Feb 12, 2007, 3:56 PM
thats only on a case to case basis. i worked there .... believe me they return alot of crap they shouldn't just to keep people happy and shopping/stealing there
USCELLGIRL

Feb 12, 2007, 4:24 PM
We will do an exchange or a return as long as the customer has or we can find the original invoice.
txsolitaire

Feb 12, 2007, 7:44 PM
Rodney Carrington said:
Wal-mart will take anything back.. " these diapers already got sh!t in em..." "we're real sorry about that, go back and get you another pair" I aint bought diapers in 3 years.

rofl

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.