Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Verizon Advice Needed!!!

T-MoTucson

Feb 2, 2007, 6:39 PM
I have a consumer account with Verizon that I want to cancel as soon as possible. I saw a website called "The Consumerist" that gives advice on how to cancel without an early termination fee due to the increase in txt msging charges.

I called to try to cancel the other day and they told me they couldn't do it until the March 1st change date. That seems to run contrary to the paperwork, but the supervisor said she noted my account and gave me a direct line that I could call her on to have her cancel them without ETF after receiving a higher priced txt msg on March 1st. DOES THAT SOUND REALISTIC OR LIKELY? WILL I BE ABLE TO GET OUT W/O PAYING AN ETF?
craptacularwireless

Feb 2, 2007, 6:44 PM
I hope they double it.
T-MoTucson

Feb 2, 2007, 6:46 PM
Double what? My ETF?
craptacularwireless

Feb 2, 2007, 6:46 PM
Yes.
T-MoTucson

Feb 2, 2007, 6:47 PM
You're a jerk!
craptacularwireless

Feb 2, 2007, 7:40 PM
I'm going to go cut myself now.
option32

Feb 2, 2007, 8:18 PM
a text messaging feature is just that, a feature, there shouldnt have been any contract extension when you changed the feature. If you have the original contract and have not done any upgrades to your phone, your contract experation date should be 24 months after the date of the signed contract.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.