Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

they're all so smart...

jalanjalaning

Feb 2, 2007, 4:54 PM
i just had a couple come up to get two lines... came back with $400 deposits for each line...

now they're at the jewelry store next to me and it looks like they've been approved and are shopping away...

i guess they don't care what they buy, they just want to consume products... it's the american way!
jalanjalaning

Feb 2, 2007, 5:06 PM
someone just asked me if we have anything newer than the razr... i looked for a second and thought and realized that everything we have is newer than the razr... so i said "well, actually, the razr is the oldest phone we have" and he tried to argue with me that it was the latest and greatest... 🙄
biznass

Feb 2, 2007, 5:09 PM
God I'm glad this is my last day...
jalanjalaning

Feb 2, 2007, 5:10 PM
congrats!!!
kiosk_hell

Feb 2, 2007, 5:11 PM
Are you going out in style?
biznass

Feb 2, 2007, 6:27 PM
I haven't had any escalated customers today except one lady who insisted she had had insurance and I very haughtil turned my screen around and physically showed here that there had NEVER been insurance on her phone. That shut her up.
craptacularwireless

Feb 2, 2007, 6:45 PM
It's neither the latest or greatest. They are grossly mistaken.
krickt

Feb 3, 2007, 10:16 AM
I love that. The GSM version is over 5 years old! Well the original GSM version is, anyway. The CDMA razrs M's are some of the newest phones I have, but not THE newest. I love custies. Why bother coming in to ask questions, if you already know the answer to your question?
cody-craig

Feb 3, 2007, 1:09 PM
That's their favorite thing to do. I think they just want to show that they know more than you do about phones or something. I personally don't understand it at all but I know people that act like that. Whenever custys get like that I just say OK and stare at them. They either shut up or let me explain to them why they're completely wrong.

C: Why are you guys better than Verizon?
M: Well our plans are the same except that we have rollover minutes, which no one else has.
C: Rollovers are bullsh*t. They don't work.
M: OK
C: ...I used to have Cingular and my minutes didn't roll over.
M: OK
Then i dont remember what happened after this but the a**hole left
SarahJo

Feb 3, 2007, 1:33 PM
But that's the problem. Cingular isn't better than Verizon 🙂
chocolateman85006

Feb 3, 2007, 1:35 PM
That's debatable.
SarahJo

Feb 3, 2007, 1:37 PM
I dunno. I guess after dealing with customers telling you how horrible they're treated, you tend to be a little biased.
chocolateman85006

Feb 3, 2007, 1:48 PM
I put too much money into them and got little back.
Crapbag

Feb 3, 2007, 2:07 PM
SarahJo said:
I dunno. I guess after dealing with customers telling you how horrible they're treated, you tend to be a little biased.

It happens on both sides. Most of my new acts are VZW ports. I always get "I've been with Verizon for 5 years and hadn't gone over my minutes once, but then last month i got a $200+ bill. 👿 " Customers are happy till they screw up then its your fault.

Further more why would customers be in your store if they were happy with their current provider. We have biased perspectives, we should start a consumer report! 🙄
chocolateman85006

Feb 3, 2007, 2:08 PM
I agree.
katrina

Feb 3, 2007, 5:12 PM
LOL the RAZR is the oldest phone we carry too!
katrina

Feb 3, 2007, 5:11 PM
I can understand that a little... I've gone to the mall before and felt I had to buy SOMETHING even if it was just some dinky earings from Clair's, just as long I left with something new in my hands LOL
sparxx92562

Feb 3, 2007, 5:23 PM
i closed people like that last night they put down 800 dollars...you have to explain to them you hae no closing skills

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.