Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 11 replies

PM inbox

Joben

Sep 4, 2010, 1:08 PM
Rich I know that yourself and Avaya debated about this, but I really think it is a good idea for PS to host an e-mail client for PM's. Nothing too fancy; I mean even if you didn't give us the option to respond but to just receive or something very basic that would be cool. Myself and Avaya, along with many others I'm sure, have e-mails connected to our s/n's that we rarely check. Therefore, having a website-specific e-mail would be very handy.

If that would cost a lot to implement, I understand why you wouldn't offer it. However, if you simply object to the idea I urge you to reconsider.

Thanks,

Joben
gringo.lokozhon

Sep 4, 2010, 3:16 PM
I second him...
Avaya

Sep 4, 2010, 3:26 PM
doesnt really have to be an email inbox...just a PM inbox for when we get private messages from other members, knowing that we spend most of our times here at work and are unable to get access to our email inbox, or if and when you warn us...i can personally say i dont get on PS at home cause i speand my dayoffs on the road or on my website updating it...
Joben

Sep 4, 2010, 3:31 PM
Dude, I have had so many comments removed and never known it... I really hope Rich considers this. Was llama fighting on the same team yesterday?
Avaya

Sep 4, 2010, 4:52 PM
he was a &^%$ rider 🙄
Thefireballkid

Sep 4, 2010, 4:07 PM
that would be nice.
Avaya

Sep 4, 2010, 4:52 PM
i know 😁
mindflux

Sep 9, 2010, 2:59 PM
because we dont have email here,but we'll be out after the ie6 excluding upgrade whenever that is ☚ī¸ ☚ī¸
Rich Brome

Sep 8, 2010, 7:22 PM
Sorry, folks.

Any typical web user has access to an email account, and that should be sufficient.

Creating another personal inbox system seems redundant to me, and a waste of resources (mostly my time to create, but also maintenance and security risk.)

Our Terms of Use do require that you receive email at the address you provide when you register. This is for many reasons.

If you're concerned about potential spam, I would of course ask you to trust us with your email address; we have a very strict published privacy policy that we take very seriously. We will never sell your address nor spam you.

If you don't trust us with your "real" email, that's fine; there are ways to supply us with a special email address and still ...
(continues)
Avaya

Sep 9, 2010, 2:32 PM
đŸ˜ĸ
Thefireballkid

Sep 10, 2010, 6:56 PM
cant argue with that logic.
Amarantamin

Sep 12, 2010, 7:12 PM
Solid explanations like this one are great.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.