Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Another pop-up...is it your's Rich?

llama

May 29, 2010, 12:23 PM
VoiceFive...it wanted opinions. I was in the Verizon Wireless forum.
KriisCDW

May 30, 2010, 1:37 PM
Pop-ups on Phonescoop.

I did have pop-ups on one computer - but that was a public computer that some idiot installed crap on. Wasn't Phonescoop pop ups.

I have had one advert "expand" to cover half of the browser on phonescoop. A banner ad that expanded downward on mouse-over.

Only saw it once... made me wanna kill puppies.
muchdrama

May 30, 2010, 11:10 PM
KriisCDW said:
Pop-ups on Phonescoop.

I did have pop-ups on one computer - but that was a public computer that some idiot installed crap on. Wasn't Phonescoop pop ups.

I have had one advert "expand" to cover half of the browser on phonescoop. A banner ad that expanded downward on mouse-over.

Only saw it once... made me wanna kill puppies.

I dig Privoxy--no ads, banners, or pop-ups. Ever.
llama

May 31, 2010, 12:25 PM
Well, I guess Rich doesn't want you as a reader then because the ad revenue stream pays for PS...
Amarantamin

May 31, 2010, 3:45 PM
Doesn't that only count when we actually click on the ads? If not, there's really no way the add developers can tell if I've used Firefox to disable the frames, or if my work computers don't ever display the ads anyways (seriously, they are all white boxes while I'm at work).
muchdrama

May 31, 2010, 7:37 PM
llama said:
Well, I guess Rich doesn't want you as a reader then because the ad revenue stream pays for PS...

This is the only site I disable it on...because Rich politely asks.
Rich Brome

Jun 6, 2010, 4:03 PM
The ads in the Forums are all Google ads. Google doesn't allow pop-ups.

I would guess it was another site, or something on your computer.

However, sleazy marketers are always trying to trick Google's ad platform and slip stuff like that in. Occasionally they succeed. Google has a policy against it, though (and so do we,) so it's usually found and killed quickly. It should be very, very rare.
Jayshmay

Jun 14, 2010, 3:09 PM
Hey Rich, what do you think of this stupid crap?

https://www.phonescoop.com/news/discuss.php?fm=m&ff= ... »

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.