Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Motorola M800

robtheman

Jul 27, 2007, 2:00 PM
A competitor near me is starting to sell this phone (although from what I can tell it's over 2 years old). I didn't see the phone up anywhere in PS. Can someone tell me how many watts this phone uses for reception, analog and digital?

Sorry if this is off topic.
Rich Brome

Jul 27, 2007, 4:13 PM
That's a "portable" phone. We stick to more traditional mobile phones.
robtheman

Jul 27, 2007, 5:13 PM
Where would be a good place to look for that information? I couldn't find it on Motorola's website.
Rich Brome

Jul 27, 2007, 5:15 PM
It's listed with all of their other phones:

http://www.motorola.com/consumer/v/index.jsp?vgnexto ... »
robtheman

Jul 27, 2007, 5:23 PM
I mean I couldn't find the power dedicated to reception. Someone was telling me that it uses 3 watts, but I thought the FCC had put a stop to 3 watt phones.
Rich Brome

Jul 27, 2007, 5:28 PM
A mobile phone with an antenna held next to your head certainly can't be three watts.

It's a totally different story when the antenna is designed to go on the trunk of your car instead of an inch or two from your head.
robtheman

Jul 27, 2007, 5:40 PM
Wouldn't that be the advantage to that phone though? It's a car phone which means the battery and antenna aren't in the phone itself. Like the older bag phones, they're in a separate attachment that is wired to the phones. I just can't find the reception power to know one way or the other.
Rich Brome

Jul 27, 2007, 5:55 PM
I don't know. Try asking in another forum.

All I really should have said here is why we don't list the M800 on phonescoop.com.

Someone in the General or Motorola forums might know.
robtheman

Jul 27, 2007, 6:25 PM
Ok. Thanks anyway.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.