Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 17 replies

Eric and Rich still in Spain/Europe?

krickt

Feb 22, 2007, 3:40 PM
If so, when are they coming back! I have been very entertained by the Eric/Cingular saga, but I was just wondering when they would get back to civilization.
alejandro

Feb 22, 2007, 3:43 PM
couples honeymoon?
krickt

Feb 22, 2007, 4:11 PM
Oh, don't even go there! You truly are sick! I didn't need that mental pic, thank you very much! 😛 🤣
Rich Brome

Feb 22, 2007, 5:39 PM
We're back.
krickt

Feb 22, 2007, 5:54 PM
Woo Hoo! Have fun? Any stuff that might accidentally trickle down to us lowly Americans? We anxiously await new reviews and insights!
Rich Brome

Feb 22, 2007, 6:04 PM
I don't know about "fun" - during the show, it was a lot of hard work - but we did manage to eat some good tapas. 🙂

As for stuff: all of the interesting stuff, or stuff that might trickle down to us Americans, was covered in the article. That was kind of the whole point of the trip. 😉

Reviews are mostly independent of trade shows. We do have a lot of good reviews lined up, though.

Any particular insights you're looking for?
captainplooky

Feb 22, 2007, 6:21 PM
The eventual resolution (if it was ever resolved) of Eric's international roaming saga would be interesting. 🙂
Rich Brome

Feb 22, 2007, 6:32 PM
I'll let Eric tell the whole story, but it actually got even more absurd. 🙄

I know there are plenty of horror stories for every carrier, but that doesn't make it less shocking when you hear one. It's easy to understand why Cingular has higher churn than Verizon when you hear a tale like this.
Rich Brome

Feb 22, 2007, 6:37 PM
...not to say that we have any kind of bias against Cingular now, of course. We're professionals. We would never let bad personal experiences skew how we cover companies as objective journalists.
krickt

Feb 23, 2007, 11:00 AM
I thought you guys handled the whole thing quite well. All of us (reps, CS, insurance, etc.) hope that our company will treat us right, and that our experience in the industry will help us through or around any rough spots. It just hurts our feelings when our superhero selves can't untangle the messes sometimes. Having bumped into my own company as a civilian once or twice, I have empathy for you. You guys just have the misfortune of being superheros for so many companies and the risks are higher and more visible for you! Chin up! Hopefully it's all over now!
alejandro

Feb 23, 2007, 11:20 AM
besides, all the clowns who were jerks about it are all the ones who come down on people who ask valid questions. They are just upset that they can't be jerks to you in the same way.
DigAHole

Feb 28, 2007, 12:42 PM
When can we expect to hear the rest of the story?
captainplooky

Mar 2, 2007, 2:14 PM
I'm curious myself 😈
cingcing

Mar 2, 2007, 8:49 PM
So am I.
MrAbstracto

Mar 2, 2007, 8:52 PM
me too.
Q_Q_Q

Mar 2, 2007, 10:41 PM
what are we all so patiently waiting for here?
krickt

Mar 3, 2007, 12:24 PM
The resolution (or lack therof) to Eric's Cingular in Europe issue. We all wait with baited breath to hear what happened!
Q_Q_Q

Mar 3, 2007, 2:05 PM
ohhhhh 🙂 ill be good and sit right here patiently....

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.