Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 16 replies

Why do the forums suck?

Living Ghost

Dec 30, 2006, 5:57 PM
I mean, it's horrible to browse them.

This outline format is...Stupid, and I barely ever browse the forums because of it.

At the very least, allow us nested viewing, or change to a non-proprietary forum, like IPB or vBulliten.
Hayate

Dec 30, 2006, 6:33 PM
I agree...the normal viewing format sucks. You can change it but it's still not as good as a regular forum as far as ease of browsing.
StoreLead

Dec 30, 2006, 11:06 PM
i don't realy have any problems with browsing the forums... i actually like the format alot.
Wireless Buddy

Jan 2, 2007, 2:33 PM
yea i love these forums! I've browsed HoFo and I find PS much easier to use! Great job, Rich an Eric!
ZeroSanity

Dec 31, 2006, 1:48 PM
How does someone access such an option?
ZeroSanity

Jan 3, 2007, 10:17 AM
How can I change the viewing options for the forum?
snapps

Jan 3, 2007, 12:38 PM
when your in a forum on the upper right corner it says 'options' there a few different settings in there that helps sort the threads differently.
Living Ghost

Dec 30, 2006, 11:30 PM
It's not even like phonescoop breaks news.

All I ever see is posts off of endgadget, slashphone, or some other mainstream news source.

And, the in-depth articles aren't very enticing, or informative, and I find them utterly, useless.

The forums are all flamers and complainers (myself included, I supposed).
crackberry

Jan 9, 2007, 11:23 AM
Living Ghost said:
It's not even like phonescoop breaks news.

All I ever see is posts off of endgadget, slashphone, or some other mainstream news source.

And, the in-depth articles aren't very enticing, or informative, and I find them utterly, useless.

The forums are all flamers and complainers (myself included, I supposed).

well those of us who like the forum do not post negatively about the site... if you don't like it, go elsewhere.
quest4fun

Jan 10, 2007, 3:06 PM
yup .. i agree 100 percent..
alejandro

Dec 31, 2006, 12:42 PM
hey forum geek, this is a cell phone site. different people have different preferences, and while you cannot please everyone all the time, preferences on forum layout for kids comes after preferences for features on phones.
Rich Brome

Jan 3, 2007, 3:42 PM
I'm sorry to hear you don't like them.

The way it's structured is intentional. There are advantages to the way we do it, although we're also aware there are trade-offs.

The biggest trade-off is having to load a new page to view each message. We do plan to fix that, although unfortunately that change is still a few months off due to the trade show season coming up.

The rest of it - the way messages are threaded and displayed - probably won't change. To us, it makes more sense and conversations are easier to follow.

We understand that some people prefer the flat vBulletin style, but there are already plenty of phones sites that offer that. We feel it would be redundant to offer just another phone-related vBulletin forum. Our goal i...
(continues)
ATT Wireless

Jan 3, 2007, 4:09 PM
You guys do the best you can for this site and I don't think enough people appreciate it.
crackberry

Jan 9, 2007, 11:14 AM
ATT Wireless said:
You guys do the best you can for this site and I don't think enough people appreciate it.

Agreed... I look at other forums, but hands down phonescoop is the best and easiest to follow.
StoreLead

Jan 7, 2007, 4:49 PM
i love how you have the forums set up! it's much better, and easier to follow a conversation than the standard vBulletin boards! thanks Rich!
japhy

Jan 15, 2007, 2:46 PM
I was just going to suggest that a BBS style forum would be just a bit better, but I suppose if this style is what you intend it to be. I do like that it's possible to respond directly to comments other than the original or the comment immediately previous, but it is rather obnoxious to have the page reload everytime.

Oh well. This is still the best phone information & discussion site out there.

HUZZAH FOR PHONESCOOP!
craptacularwireless

Jan 6, 2007, 2:51 PM
You're insane. These forums are much easier to follow than other ones I've visited. You know exactly who you're responding to. The other ones are in one string and you don't know exactly who they're responding to. I find it rather lame.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.