Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 14 replies

Forums have lost their value.

lefteyeiu2006

Dec 8, 2006, 9:11 AM
The forums original intent was to inform us about the industry, plus it was a place where consumers came to find info. Now when I look on the forums I see.

-Flame Wars,
-Trash,
-Sexual content
-Flame wars
-Trolls
-Sexual Content
-Idiotic Rants
-Trolls
-Sexual Content
-and endless messages about T-Mobile Versus Sprint, Cingular vs. Verizon etc.

I say shut the forums down because it is hurting phonescoop's credibility. if people have questions they can email moderators.
phonemechanic

Dec 8, 2006, 9:20 AM
I agree with you on everything but shutting down the forums. Realistically, I just think that tigher restrictions should be enforced. If people started getting warned and eventually banned for the items such as the ones in your post, you'll start to see the forums revert to just what you said. A place to inform us about the industry, plus it was a place where consumers came to find info.
ATT Wireless

Dec 8, 2006, 9:24 AM
I agree with you. But the problem is We only have two guys running this site and they do not have the time to police the forums.
raycarroll70

Dec 8, 2006, 9:26 AM
The Shop Talk as well as the Lounge should be places where we, the wireless employees, can talk about events we encounter in our jobs(Shop Talk) as well as whatever we'd like to provided we abide by the T&Cs(Lounge). Too bad these two sections can't be password protected somehow.
wombough

Dec 10, 2006, 1:16 PM
Also don't forget the SC has ruled that moderated forums are the responsibility of the owner of the sites. Therefor if the moderated the forum which I don't know if they do or not, then they can be held responsible for its content. If they let it be then they can't. I saw this on packing.org were the owner initiated a user rating system to avoid possible lawsuits!
Sales

Dec 11, 2006, 6:32 PM
this coming from someone who popst religous scripts in these forums??? come on bro keep it real!!!
Hayate

Dec 14, 2006, 12:47 PM
Yeah. That'd be pretty sweet as long as you didn't have the password.
gunny

Dec 10, 2006, 6:57 PM
Stop complaining! The forums are fine just the way they are.
katrina

Dec 11, 2006, 5:00 PM
Yep, they posts do get off topic sometimes, but have you ever been in a forum that is 100% on-topic? I haven't...
I think as long as everyone tries to keep the rants about customers and stuff to the shop talk section and things like flame wars and sexual content and such to either the shop talk or lounge sections (and keep these to a minimum) everything is about as good as one could reasonably hope for... when I see a thread getting off on some odd tangent I just stop reading that thread... its that simple.
skyjet15

Dec 12, 2006, 12:49 AM
learn to live with free speech, trust me, it's better this way
Hayate

Dec 14, 2006, 12:45 PM
Your mom has lost her value.
J0hnnyM

Dec 16, 2006, 8:45 AM
Forums have NOT lost their value.

There is misplaced blame there. ;)

People have lost their value. They just flock to the forums now.
lefteyeiu2006

Dec 16, 2006, 5:12 PM
Thank you! Good point. Wait! I flock to the forums, OMG I am a F-ing loser!!!! (Like SO many others on here..)
vzwceller

Dec 20, 2006, 1:49 PM
Why does this bother you so much? Do you not still find the information you need? I know everytime I have a question or am curious about a product I jump on here and find exactly what I'm looking for. Theres no need to complain and whine about the forums and try to make the guys at phone scoop have to do any more work than they already do. Im sure they are busy, and if you really have such a problem with the forums, you should probably just not get on them instead of demand they be shut down.
vzwceller

Dec 20, 2006, 1:50 PM
Also, forgot to add, that why shouldn't there be endless wars about which carrier is better??? I read things on those "idiotic rants" as you call them that teaches me things about the other carriers that are useful to me helping a customer decided why or why not the carrier I sell is the right choice for them. Isn't that the point? Quit crying 😢

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.