Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 17 replies

search tool suggestion/request

deeterman

Sep 2, 2006, 10:35 AM
rich or eric

I already know you can search one forum or all forums is there any you can add a search tool for a user name that way when people are looking for a certain post from a paticular user it is easier to find

thank you
PolarIce

Sep 2, 2006, 11:52 AM
does ctrl+F work here at phonescoop?
deeterman

Sep 2, 2006, 12:04 PM
I have no idea but what would it do if it does work here
newfette

Sep 2, 2006, 12:47 PM
yes it does but because it does not search the content of the message it's not what he;s looking for
Rich Brome

Sep 5, 2006, 11:05 AM
You can just click on someone's name to see recent messaged from them. Is that what you mean?
deeterman

Sep 5, 2006, 11:15 AM
no I use that also

what I would like to see is a search tool that you can choose a keyword to search and it only displays results from a certain username
GodHatesMe

Sep 5, 2006, 12:19 PM
So basically a combination of what we have right now. The ability to use them simultaneously would make the search more concise.
deeterman

Sep 5, 2006, 1:48 PM
I guess

clicking on the user name only shows recent posts I want the ability to go back further using keywords like if I knew you said something i could use it as a keyword and only get results from things you posted instead of all users it would narrow things down a lot
ZombieJ

Sep 19, 2006, 7:25 PM
You just want to look up my old posts.

Admit it.
deeterman

Sep 21, 2006, 2:33 PM
how did you know
ZombieJ

Sep 21, 2006, 4:41 PM
Becasue that's what I would use it for.
deeterman

Sep 6, 2006, 8:58 AM
have you given any thought to my suggestion

If so do you think you will add this tool to the search
deeterman

Sep 6, 2006, 4:41 PM
๐Ÿ˜
Rich Brome

Sep 6, 2006, 11:16 PM
I can see how it might be useful in some rare situations.

It's something I'd like to add, and probably will. What I would probably do is simply add a search box to the top of the Forum Messages tab on the user pages. It's something I would probably do at the same time I add next/previous page bars to that page.

I have to admit it's not a priority on my to-do list of site improvements, but it would be relatively easy and quick to do, so it's the kind of thing I might end up doing just to procrastinate doing a larger project. ๐Ÿ˜‰
deeterman

Sep 7, 2006, 9:02 AM
if you did it would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance
MeatballzNGravy

Sep 7, 2006, 9:13 AM
Hey Deet, you have this smooge on your nose. Looks kinda brownish. May want to get it.
deeterman

Sep 7, 2006, 9:32 AM
there is it gone now ๐Ÿคจ
MeatballzNGravy

Sep 7, 2006, 9:35 AM
I dunno, it looks like it kind of stained a little there, may be stuck with it. ๐Ÿคฃ

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.