Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 8 replies

We're back

Rich Brome

Oct 7, 2005, 2:54 PM
As most regulars no doubt noticed, we had an extended outage of most of the site today. We tried our best to bring it back as quickly as possible from the minute it started, but obviously it took longer than we would have liked.

We apologize for the inconvenience. We're doing everything we can to make sure it doesn't happen again.
gunny

Oct 7, 2005, 2:59 PM
We are all just glad it's back! 🙂
djdelay

Oct 7, 2005, 3:09 PM
absolutely.....glad to have ya back in order.
katman_blue

Oct 7, 2005, 3:31 PM
i was getting worried. thought i might actually have to do some WORK today!
Tmobile85

Oct 7, 2005, 5:23 PM
man, today sucked not having phonescoop!
Rich Brome

Oct 11, 2005, 10:01 AM
I'm very sorry for the outage again this morning. We're redoubling our efforts to find a permanent solution to this little crashing problem. We're sorry for any inconvenience.
Sonic McTails

Oct 11, 2005, 10:19 AM
Although I don't know the cause of your crashing woes, PHP can cause a server to hang if it's threading (such as Apache2-MPM-Worker), with non-threadsafe modules compiled in. I hope you resolve it soon.
Rich Brome

Oct 11, 2005, 10:42 AM
Thanks. It's not PHP, though. It's Red Hat... 😡
Sonic McTails

Oct 11, 2005, 11:58 AM
Sounds like it's kernel related. I know they forked 2.4 branch of the kernel, but I'm not sure if they finally made the jump to 2.6, or stayed with the 2.4 series. I personally use Net/OpenBSD with servers since I've never experienced a kernel panic with it. You should be able to copy .config from your 2.4 tree to the 2.6 and then make oldconfig; make, etc. to upgrade easily

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.