Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 20 replies

Hurricane Relief Benefit Auction: Audiovox XV-6600 Bid Thread

Rich Brome

Sep 9, 2005, 12:51 PM
We're auctioning off an Audiovox XV-6600, generously donated by Microsoft. Proceeds benefit the Red Cross for hurricane relief. For info on other auctions, details and rules, please see:

https://www.phonescoop.com/contests/katrina_auction/ »

In addition to the rules on the page linked above, here are the rules for this thread:
  1. If you're not placing a bid and just want to ask a question or comment, please reply to THIS message. Do not reply to a bid unless you are bidding.
  2. If you're placing a bid, please do so by replying to the current highest bid, unless instructed otherwise by a site admin (Rich Brome or Eric Lin).
  3. When placing a bid, change the subject to be the dollar amount of YOUR bid. The body of the messa
(continues)
Rich Brome

Sep 9, 2005, 12:53 PM
Starting at $50 - worth WAY more, obviously. Let the bidding begin! 🙂

(A big thank-you to Microsoft for being our biggest donor for this! 🙂 )
brentgodwin

Sep 9, 2005, 2:24 PM
$75
danielson

Sep 9, 2005, 9:37 PM
This phone is so sweet!!
jadspecv

Sep 9, 2005, 10:45 PM
Great idea for a great cause
RingTone

Sep 10, 2005, 6:47 PM
Re: Great idea for a great cause

.......Absolutly!
ChuckIrvine

Sep 13, 2005, 4:38 PM
Count me in for the Red Cross!
jadspecv

Sep 14, 2005, 2:29 AM
i hope everything gets better down there soon and its great to see this country get together to help on another
Rich Brome

Sep 14, 2005, 12:17 PM
This auction is closed. Congrats on your new XV-6600, jadspecv!

We'll be in touch shortly with instructions about how to make the donation to Red Cross (there's a special way so we can track it), and to get your mailing address.

Thanks for participating!
jadspecv

Sep 9, 2005, 3:33 PM
$100 this phone is awesome but im really supporting the cause i wish everyone down there in these effected the best
brentgodwin

Sep 9, 2005, 4:31 PM
$125
brentgodwin

Sep 9, 2005, 5:07 PM
I will do it again. I screwed up first time.
barhoombasha

Sep 12, 2005, 9:24 PM
$250 for this since it is brand new.
ChuckIrvine

Sep 13, 2005, 3:09 PM
$200.00
Vox Dei

Sep 9, 2005, 4:34 PM
ACK. This thread went bad fast. But i have a question. this is a CDMA phone. what provider are you bidding for? And if we get to choose and we pick a Canadian Provider? I'll bid if i can get this phone for telus mobility here in canada.
eric Lin

Sep 9, 2005, 7:59 PM
microsoft, which so kindly donated this phone, has said it is for verizon. i am not sure what it would take to get this phone working on verizon, but i would bet it's difficult if not impossible
alejandro

Sep 9, 2005, 9:39 PM
all that is required is an ESN change and basic phone programming, any employee who doesn't follow the policies blindly will help them out, any carrier like verizon (CDMA tri-band) can activate that phone.
alejandro

Sep 9, 2005, 9:45 PM
the software on the phone only has to be specific to the carrier only when worried about data services, but for a price the manufacturer can re-install the software on any phone (subject to the manufacturers contract with them)
Vox Dei

Sep 12, 2005, 1:35 PM
Why would it be difficult? or imposible? Verizon offeres this phone so if Microsoft is donating the verizon version of this phone its as easy as calling verizon up and switching phones on your account or activating a new account with this phone...I don't understand why it would be difficult.
ChuckIrvine

Sep 13, 2005, 2:44 PM
$200
Rich Brome

Sep 13, 2005, 6:55 PM
We're sweetening the deal on this one. Microsoft is throwing in a Wi-Fi SDIO card as a bonus. 😁

Wi-Fi is the one thing the GSM version of this device has that this CDMA one doesn't, so we're fixing that by including a wi-fi-card.

With EV-DO, Bluetooth, and now Wi-Fi, this is one of the most well-connected devices you can get. Bid away! 🙂

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.