Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Internet Explorer 6 support

Rich Brome

Mar 4, 2011, 11:58 AM
As I've mentioned before, we're phasing out support for the Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 browser. Microsoft itself has urged people to stop using it, and now they are stepping up those efforts:

http://www.ie6countdown.com/ »

They even have specific resources for companies that still require IE6 for use with their own internal systems:

http://www.ie6countdown.com/educate-others.html »

If you're "stuck" on IE6, please help spread the word!
Joby Dick

Mar 4, 2011, 12:07 PM
You should sell my company on upgrading our browsers...and our computers...and basically everything here.

Capiche?

😛
speedywalk

Mar 5, 2011, 9:23 PM
almost 1 in 4?

How many do you suppose are from pirated copies of Windows XP?
olderthandirt

Mar 15, 2011, 8:48 PM
Who cares now with Windows 7 on the scene more and more.

What are they going to do with people who have XP and have to reload after they quit supporting XP (maybe a general code for activation?)

I have worked in a corp where they bounced back and forth with windows office and open office when the software police come to town. Funny to watch them try and figure out how to use open office when they have to
olderthandirt

Mar 15, 2011, 8:50 PM
I do believe in paying for what you have. Where I work now the are use explorer 6 and I bet they will not update it unless they can no longer access things they need. Wage slaves do not count
CamelTowing

Mar 25, 2011, 4:35 PM
So, just curious, do you "recommend Chrome" because it allows those horrible giant floating ads to block my screen?
Rich Brome

Mar 25, 2011, 5:46 PM
CamelTowing said:
So, just curious, do you "recommend Chrome" because it allows those horrible giant floating ads to block my screen?

What do you mean? We don't run ads like that, and we don't plan to.

No, I recommend Chrome because it implements the newest web standards very well. So do Safari and Firefox, although they're a little behind on the very newest standards, and I personally find Chrome to be faster and more stable.
CamelTowing

Mar 27, 2011, 1:32 PM
When I use my native browser on my HTC Shift, There is a giant floating ad that floats for a minute then disappears. I can't get rid of it. It goes away by itself and it's only on phonescoop.com. So I dunno. It's not that big of a deal but I noticed it's only when I use the android google browser. Firefox and Dolphin don't have that problem.
Rich Brome

Mar 27, 2011, 2:01 PM
Huh. That sounds like a layout / rendering problem where an ad isn't displaying where it's supposed to.

There isn't supposed to be a floating ad. If it only appears in one out of three browsers, that tells you it's not intentional.

I'll look into it. More info would be helpful. What page(s) does it appear on, and what is the ad for?
CamelTowing

Mar 27, 2011, 2:20 PM
Well I've looked at it several times and it hasn't showed up on there today so far. When/If I see it again, I will post the info. I think you are right about the ad not being where it's supposed to be... I think it's one of the ads that is normally on the homepage.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.