Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

The way that threads are viewed...

kvlt_ov_personality

Jan 4, 2011, 4:07 PM
Is there a way for me to view a thread as just a consecutive column of responses all displayed on the same page as opposed to clicking on a response and then having to hit the back button on my browser and then go back in to view subsequent responses?

I'm not sure that I described that very adequately.
phantom mullet

Jan 4, 2011, 4:24 PM
And I agree that'd be much more convenient to view.
Amarantamin

Jan 4, 2011, 4:26 PM
It took some adjusting, but I've come to like the way these forums are set up for the types of conversations we have. The branching forum tree is very useful IMO.
Rich Brome

Jan 5, 2011, 2:29 AM
One-message-per-page is cumbersome, I agree. It's something we plan to address.

We like the hierarchical structure of this system, meaning the way discussions can branch off in several different directions and each "branch" stays separate and it's clear who's responding to what. That's less clear (in my opinion) on forum systems that display messages chronologically in one big list.

We have a solution that we hope is the best of both worlds. It's taking some time to implement, however.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.