Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Moderation Threads

eric Lin

Apr 24, 2005, 1:34 PM
I appreciate some people's frustration with the threads that turn personal and / or childish in this forum, however there is a phonescoop forum to discuss those issues. there is also a flag button you can use to alert us when threads spin out of control.

we're sorry when this frustrates you, but please give us some time to take care of any errant threads. there are just 2 of us. we work very hard to make sure phonescoop is a great site, so we have many responsibilities to maintain this site. We also each try to maintain some semblance of a personal life as well. Which is why we may be slow to respond to moderation requests on say, a sunday morning.

we are aware there is a problem, but want to create a fair method of dealing with it. p...
(continues)
BetterThanJake

Apr 24, 2005, 1:45 PM
Thanks, Eric, appreciate your efforts.

I'm sure Phoenix had your schedule in mind when he decided to post a series of flames on a Sunday morning... probably hoped they'd stay up a good long time. Tsk. ☹️
nextel18

Apr 25, 2005, 4:38 AM
yes, BTJ i agree. i dont understand why people cant just have normal civil debates or dicussions and when they are losing or things arent going their way they go to the name calling and things like that. (it happened to me many a times when people did that to me.)
PhoneTwit

Apr 24, 2005, 6:27 PM
I'm a long-time veteran of lots of different e-mail lists. Some of them deal with extremely controversial topics that lend themselves to "over the top" responses.

I have a couple of suggestions for changing how you're moderating phonescoop. Please don't take these suggestions as criticisms. I think you're doing a great job, and it's not the fault of the moderators that some people have such weak communication skills that things spiral into name-calling rants.

Option 1 - certain lists could be moderated, meaning no one can post unless the message is approved by a moderator. There is obviously no way that 2 people could do this alone. You'd need to have someone help you - maybe a few volunteers.

Option 2 - let people "earn" the r...
(continues)
nextel18

Apr 25, 2005, 4:38 AM
thanks eric.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.