Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Getting tired of the Verizon War Zone Forum- Rich?

VZWVan

Apr 21, 2005, 3:22 PM
Seriously Rich B, its just troll topic after troll topic after troll topic in there.

Why dont you make a forum called 'Carrier Wars', and then make it a policy to delete all obvious troll and flamebait topics as 'Inappropriate Forum' posts.

If the trolls whine and cry about it, you can then tell them to just go post in Carrier Wars, where the compost belongs. As it is, the VZW forum is pretty much uninhabitable, while the Cingular forum gets to conduct biz as usual. Doesnt seem quite fair.
Cigee

Apr 21, 2005, 4:15 PM
Oooh...carrier wars, I like that idea. It would annoy the living hell out of the trolls. Awesome, I second the motion, Rich!
pizpiz80

Apr 21, 2005, 6:38 PM
I agree too. I'm really sick and tired out the crap in the Verizon forum. For once i would like to go in there and read something useful. ☚ī¸
bk77

Apr 21, 2005, 7:24 PM
He knows about the problems. And has stated they are not doing anything wrong but state their opinions. It is not fun to watch. So, if these people are doing these things, don't reply to them. If everyone doesn't reply, they cant troll. 😕
pizpiz80

Apr 21, 2005, 7:38 PM
Yes, but we shouldn't have to compensate for the "trolls". WE SHOULD BAN THEM! Do you honestly think that everyone here would be able to resist replying to a flame on vzw vs cingy? not possible... We shouldnt have to go out of our way to make the site "better". They, the problem, need to be dealt with. IP BANS!
bk77

Apr 21, 2005, 8:11 PM
I agee with you, but Rich has said they are not doing anything wrong. They are not insulting anyone. If they are, WE are not reporting to the moderator. Rich is to busy to read all the forums all day long. AND, he already knows about the problem. If there was something he could do about it, he would. BUT, they are not technically doing anything wrong but stating their opinion, alot.

I can't stand it either, but he knows.
VZWVan

Apr 21, 2005, 8:27 PM
But they are doing something wrong- theyre trolling like its gone out of style. Its so bad that I sometimes think that some of these people are paid guerrilla marketers.

If not a total site ban, then repeat intentional troublemakers should at least be banned from going to the particular forum where they like to cause trouble. It'd make things a whole lot better for everyone.

The quality of this site has DEFINITELY taken a hit from the troll squad- if you were new here, and went to the VZW forum and saw all the squabbling, you'd probably conclude that Phonescoop caters only to raving lunatics and would leave immediately, never to return.
VZWVan

Apr 21, 2005, 8:36 PM
Also let me add that Rich has NOT said that the trolls are "doing nothing wrong". The real problem, as stated by Rich, seems to be that he doesn't have the resources (yet) to deal with the problem the way it should be handled:

https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »
bk77

Apr 22, 2005, 1:57 PM
Ok, ok. Here's my point. You said it yourself, he stated he doesn't have the recourses (yet) to deal with this problem. So we know he knows, and instead of giving him exact problems, we just complain. It isn't helping him fix the problem. We already know that no matter how much we complain it isn't going to stop. We need to not respond to them, and report them to the moderator to make a differance.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.