Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Hey Rich, I have a litlle question

Badibada

Apr 20, 2005, 7:29 PM
I was curious how do u decide what makes it to the latest phones list. I've seen the slvr v8 on the moto website for a long time now and the phone wasn't on the site till today. So i was real curious, if u can answer thankns.
Rich Brome

Apr 21, 2005, 12:19 AM
I try to add every phone for the U.S. market before it is released. So it's not a matter of "if", but "when".

As for "when", that's:

1. When I have reasonably reliable, complete info. Press releases are often light on details, and tracking down those details can take time.

2. When I get to it. 😉 There's usually a backlog, especially this time of year.
Badibada

Apr 21, 2005, 3:09 PM
and one more thing how do u find out bout the carrier before anyone else.
gsmcentral

May 14, 2005, 8:33 PM
I know I'm asking a pety question but for the phones like the Nokia 6630, they dont come out on the finder, and its been a while since I've seen them out in the market. When do you think the site can have them availablbe for viewing?
Rich Brome

May 15, 2005, 9:08 PM
The 6630 is not listed because it is a 3G phone designed for European and Asian 3G networks. It will not work on U.S. 3G networks.

You can technically use it on U.S. GSM networks, but if that's all you buy it for, then you're paying a lot for technology and features that you won't be able to use.

Phone Scoop focuses squarely on the US market. That gives us more resources to go into detail on the phones that are designed for the U.S.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.