Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 14 replies

Hey Rich...

HeroPsychoDreamer

Apr 12, 2005, 2:16 PM
Out of curiousity, I was wondering two thing:

1. Do you work in the wireless industry, or is running this site your full time job?

2. What prompted you to start this website? Obviously, you have a liking for the cellular/wireless world, but was it something more than that?

🙂

By the way, this is the greatest site on the internet in my books. Love it!
speedywalk

Apr 12, 2005, 2:27 PM
And does running the site full time make you a de facto eployee in the wireless sector?

Speedywalk
"It ain't broke, it just needs duct tape!"
HeroPsychoDreamer

Apr 12, 2005, 2:32 PM
Call me stupid... but what's a de-facto employee? 😕
Rich Brome

Apr 13, 2005, 9:54 AM
This is my full-time job.

It started as a side-project just to keep busy between jobs and keep my web skills sharp. My background is IT and web development. Phones are just something I was interested in, and there seemed like a need for a site like this.

Thanks! 🙂
HeroPsychoDreamer

Apr 13, 2005, 9:56 AM
Cool, thanks! You're doing a great job, keep it up!
uNt0uChAbLe

Apr 13, 2005, 11:22 AM
Rich, So how do you get into all of those wireless conventions that show off all the upcoming phones? I thought you would need to be someone higher up in the wireless industry. Will you sneak me in?
HeroPsychoDreamer

Apr 13, 2005, 11:24 AM
These conventions are open to the public. Like a car show, for example. 🙂
Rich Brome

Apr 13, 2005, 6:40 PM
Sort of, except admission starts at $120, and goes up to thousands for some shows... They're really more for people in the industry (who attend on business) than the public.
HeroPsychoDreamer

Apr 13, 2005, 6:42 PM
I think I'll stick to the auto shows... 😕
Rich Brome

Apr 13, 2005, 6:55 PM
Most trade shows offer free admission for noteworthy members of the press.

The whole reason companies exhibit at these shows is to get the word out about their latest and greatest. Toward that end, one journalist is equal to thousands of random people. It's not an issue of "getting in" - more like they can't roll out the red carpet fast enough! 😉
Rich Brome

Apr 13, 2005, 6:41 PM
Thanks! 🙂
mmcnier

Apr 14, 2005, 5:17 PM
Is Eric Lin the only member of the Phonescoop team or do you have many employees?
Rich Brome

Apr 15, 2005, 11:17 AM
Just Eric at the moment.
uNt0uChAbLe

Apr 15, 2005, 12:28 PM
Hey Rich, If you dont mind me asking, what goes into a full day's work when you operate a website besides just doing updates on the index page? If its too personal to answer I understand
Prodigy031887

Jun 1, 2005, 11:34 AM
Sorry for the dumb question but are you hiring?? it would be a dream come true 🤭

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.