Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Verizon forum

froggirl

Mar 30, 2005, 7:14 PM
Rich - is there anything that can be done about the Verizon forum? All the name calling that goes on in there makes it like walking through a mine field. No thread is safe to read anymore! 😡
silvabullit

Mar 30, 2005, 8:28 PM
kinda like lighting a firecracker off in a frogs mouth
BetterThanJake

Mar 31, 2005, 4:20 PM
froggirl said:
Rich - is there anything that can be done about the Verizon forum? All the name calling that goes on in there makes it like walking through a mine field. No thread is safe to read anymore! 😡

The problem, in a single word, is Kingfrog, who seemingly lives to troll that forum all day long. Things'll probably never be civil there while he's there. 😕
froggirl

Mar 31, 2005, 6:15 PM
It's not just Kingfrog, though. Although he's a large part of the problem, it's all the people calling him "kingtard", the "kingfrog quote of the day" and everyone giving him what he wants by responding to his posts and insulting him. It's ridiculous! Reading that forum is like being back in kindergarten.
BetterThanJake

Mar 31, 2005, 7:37 PM
Yes, but Kingfrog brings all that upon himself by trolling so consistently. It'd be a much better place without him, sad to say. ☚ī¸
bigdaddyjay

Apr 10, 2005, 5:48 PM
Can't say that I disagree here. Oh and I am guilty of the Kingfrog quote of the day! I am now ignoring him and life is getting better.
nextel18

Mar 31, 2005, 7:58 PM
i agree froggirl.

too much immaturity with bashing. people post informative information and then they get blasted. its a shame.

but, i agree.
speck

Mar 31, 2005, 9:53 PM
You're deserving of it all... 😉
nextel18

Apr 1, 2005, 1:17 AM
aww thanks.
bigdaddyjay

Apr 10, 2005, 5:46 PM
As Coolio would say "If you can't take the heat get out the kitchen, we on a mission"
BetterThanJake

Apr 11, 2005, 1:56 PM
froggirl said:

Well, the cause is folks going to the Verizon forum to intentionally cause trouble. Trolling, flame-bait topics, etc. etc. And some of said individuals are VERY persistent about it too. Kinda sad actually, and the problem will persist because the ppl persist... unless something is done.

What could be done to stop this sort of crap permanently would be if the Terms of Use spelled out 'No Trolling' very clearly. Right now, the ToU is very anti-flaming and spamming (which is good), but the trolls are gi...
(continues)
pizpiz80

Apr 11, 2005, 2:21 PM
I agree with everything you said. Especially:

"Note that when I say the ToU should be changed to ban trolling, I'm not saying folks shouldn't be able to post topics critical of a particular carrier, phone, technology, etc, etc. What DOES need to go are the childish "Carrier X SUX!!!!" and "You r getting OWNED, the end is near!" crap topics that serve no purpose except to start arguments.

Other sites have a 'no trolling' policy, and it works... be nice to see it here, as it'd make a good site even better... and more family-friendly."

Please Rich, take this into consideration.
thejason

Apr 11, 2005, 2:33 PM
I'll troll you!

Okay, what is trolling? All I hear is you guys complaining about it, but I can't figure out for the life of me what it really is? Is it posting stats about a company? Is it making claims that one is better than another? That's what's been going on, as far as I can tell. They're arguments, not wars.

POW!! You've been owned!

Does that get me banned? You know, instead of flooding the phonescoop forum with requests to have whatever person banned or change whatever policy, why don't you go post threads about stuff you want to talk about and ignore the ones you don't?
BetterThanJake

Apr 11, 2005, 4:23 PM
thejason said:
Okay, what is trolling?

Trolling is posting simply to incite flames, not discussion. An example of the difference between it and discussion would be the following:

Discussion topic:
"Cingular does poorly in FCC complaints... what's the cause?"

Troll topic:
"Hahahaa... FCC all over Cingular's ASS, BECAUSE they SUCK S***!!! Bwaaaaaahaaaaahaaaaa!...."

If you can't see the difference, and how that difference may determine if what follows is a rational discussion or a vicious flamewar, then I don't know what to tell ya. ☚ī¸
thejason

Apr 11, 2005, 6:29 PM
but neither king frog or nextel18 make posts like that. they speak ill of the carrier, but they are making arguments, as far as the debate is concerned.

the people who are posting in this section about removing them look like babies who have suddenly had a toy taken away. Deal with it. I'm sure you've dealt with customers who've said something similar, I know I have. And since you're still on here I imagine you dealt with it then without pitching a fit, you're fully capable of dealing with it now.
BetterThanJake

Apr 11, 2005, 8:50 PM
thejason said:
but neither king frog or nextel18 make posts like that. they speak ill of the carrier, but they are making arguments, as far as the debate is concerned.

In changing the ToU to prevent trolling, I'm not talking about any specific poster. Even if KF and Nexty aren't obvious trolls (a debatable point), there are plenty of folks who are, therefore there's an incentive to modify the Terms of Use to deal with the problem. The problem is much bigger than one or two posters.

the people who are posting in this section about removing them look like babies who have suddenly had a toy taken away.

Well, that's one take on it. Though defending kingfrog and nexty is kind...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.