Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Login Error

matty_719

Mar 9, 2005, 11:11 AM
So i will log in to the site & have it save my info. I post a few messages, then i get the following:

ERROR

Username and/or password missing or blank. Please fill out handle and password fields. Use the Back button on your browser to return to the form and fix the problem.

My cookies are enabled & I delete them once a week, but i get this error many times a day. HELP!
matty_719

Mar 9, 2005, 11:13 AM
FOrgot to mention, this will happen at random. Even when I click on "Carriers" or "Phones" on the sidebar menu.
bk77

Mar 10, 2005, 1:59 AM
I am getting the same thing. When I first started phonescoop I didn't have this problem. Now I do. Just wanted to let you all know that I am having the same problem.

Is this something that is not normal? Will we see it change?
sweetie_jm21

Mar 15, 2005, 4:07 PM
I spend a lot of time on this site and this happens to me 5-6 times per day. it is getting to be a big time pain in the butt. But I haven't found a more informative cell phone site, so I stay here and log in every so often. 😢
Disciple247365

Mar 15, 2005, 4:43 PM
Count yourself among the fortunate... Sometimes it hapens to me 5-6 times per hour.
sweetie_jm21

Mar 17, 2005, 2:20 PM
try 5-6 times in 15 minutes. i just can't stay on.
Rich Brome

Mar 10, 2005, 3:33 AM
The indirect cause of this problem is the same server issue that's causing people to suddenly find themselves logged out unexpectedly. (Although it should be more graceful that what you describe.)

Either way, the ultimate solution is simple, and has been known for weeks, but my hosting company has been seriously dragging their feet on implementing the fix. I'll keep bugging them...

If it takes too much longer, I'll be forced to start looking for other hosting companies, although the task of moving the site to another set of servers is more daunting than you might think... still, if that's what it comes to, I most certainly will.
sammy2

Mar 10, 2005, 11:24 AM
just out of curiousity who do you host with? I would like to stay away from them.
matty_719

Mar 10, 2005, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the info!
bk77

Mar 12, 2005, 1:33 PM
Rich-

I have been on phoonscoop for 24 min, and it has logged me out 2 times. Anyhthing i can do?
ripley

Mar 17, 2005, 6:28 PM
log back in maybe? 😁
Rich Brome

Mar 18, 2005, 6:15 PM
Okay, I'm still working on getting the core problem fixed, but I do have some advice for people affected by this issue:

1. On the login page, don't check the box for the site to remember your password. If you do, then the auto-login feature will kick in any time you're bumped to a different server - even if you're just browsing - which is what it sounds like some people are experiencing.

If the remember-password box is left unchecked, then you'll only have to worry about login/logout issues when you're doing something that requires login, like posting a new forum message.

2. Use the Firefox browser instead of Internet Explorer. I just realized that there is some new kind of new glitch somewhere that is causing the site's cook...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.