Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Question

ZombieJ

May 16, 2008, 9:30 PM
What are the odds of getting an "edit" function added on the forum? (only for your own posts of course)
speedywalk

May 17, 2008, 4:57 PM
Clean up them typos and messed up HTML. I wou
vzw-csr21

May 17, 2008, 5:04 PM
I know this has been discussed before. I believe the issues was people going and changing their own responses. It would make a conversation hard to keep up with if the dialog kept changing. Although if it had a feature to show the original post then the edited one. There would be no issue of i know you said this.
ZombieJ

May 17, 2008, 5:18 PM
Well with any edit feature I've seen there is an indication of if and when the message was edited and by whom (mod or user).

message was edited a total of 1 time(s) by Zombiej or something similar. You don't stop people from editing their posts but if they want to claim they said something or didn't say something it would be pretty obvious when you look at if it was edited or not.

Might be more trouble than I realize to implement something like that but it would be nice. Or even a feature that lets you edit until someone replies to it.
johnnyslick

May 20, 2008, 2:09 AM
*Maybe* if there was a way to turn off the ability to edit, say, 10 minutes in. Otherwise it would be too easy for people to post mean, malicious things, delete them before the mods make it in, and then act all innocent when the lights go on in the room. Of course, then you start to have the issue that one of the strong points of this sort of message board is its simplicity; it allows Rich and Eric to have a really large and often pointless message board without appreciably slowing down the front end of the site. Would an edit function help to compromise that? I'd fear so.

Personally, I think the proper modus operandi is to shame people who make grammatical errors until they cry and then have them banned for crying. That seems like the be...
(continues)
ErikaMarie

May 29, 2008, 1:56 PM
Some forums that actually have that ability disable it...

I guess they don't want anyone saying they "never said that."

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.