Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Need help testing the site!

Rich Brome

Apr 20, 2008, 11:18 PM
I just refreshed the site with some new code. It may not look very different, (in fact I hope it doesn't - that's the idea,) but a large portion of the HTML that controls the layout of each page has been completely re-written.

I did some testing, but I was under a tight deadline, so I wasn't able to test as much as I wanted to.

Therefore, please keep your eyes peeled for any glitches with the layout of the site. If you see any, please let me know ASAP. To do that, PLEASE go to the gray "Contact Us" link on the left, and click "I'd like to report a technical problem with this web site." When you contact us that way, info about what browser you're using (which is really critical in this case) is automatically attached.

The only...
(continues)
Rich Brome

Apr 20, 2008, 11:20 PM
(There's really no need to read this... I just need to get it off my chest.)

If you're still using Internet Explorer 6, PLEASE STOP. Every time you do, a kitten dies.

Well, maybe not, but a web developer somewhere does cry out pain. đŸ˜ĸ Excruciating pain. đŸ˜ĸ

This re-write of the code would have taken two easy evenings if everyone used a modern browser, but since our logs say 40% of you still use IE 6, I had to spend almost an additional WEEK of long days and longer nights wrestling with the code to get it to come close to working in IE 6. It's an EVIL web browser. The sooner everyone stops using it, the better!
robtheman

Apr 20, 2008, 11:29 PM
I may start using IE6 because of my serious dislike of cats. Thanks for the tip.
speedywalk

Apr 21, 2008, 9:51 AM
Alas, many of us are bound to antiquity because of lack in software installation privileges!

Speedywalk
"It ain't broke, it just needs duct tape!"
tick

Apr 25, 2008, 8:21 AM
speedywalk said:
Alas, many of us are bound to antiquity because of lack in software installation privileges!

Speedywalk
"It ain't broke, it just needs duct tape!"

Yeah. đŸ˜ĸ

I use Firefox with all those sexy extensions 😎

When I'm at work I'm stuck with IE6. ☚ī¸
llama

Apr 21, 2008, 9:57 AM
Does firefox hurt any animals?
Rich Brome

Apr 25, 2008, 1:06 PM
No. Firefox = good. 🙂
texaswireless

May 21, 2008, 7:53 PM
Anyone know if POS.com II (AT&T agent interface) works with IE 7 yet? Last time I checked it did not and backing out the IE 7 auto-download was no fun.
beeferjay

Apr 28, 2008, 8:36 AM
when using html in the body of a message, it also changes the replies.

It changes everything below the body of the message to match the html used.
Rich Brome

Apr 28, 2008, 9:31 AM
...only when you use HTML incorrectly. But please don't do that until I can fix it. I am working on that. Thanks.
Rich Brome

Apr 28, 2008, 9:11 PM
Fixed. Thanks for the bug report! 🙂
beeferjay

Apr 29, 2008, 12:53 AM
awesome

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.