Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 5 replies

No forum for Unicel or Rural Cellular Corporation

will54880

Feb 7, 2008, 1:02 PM
I do not see any forums for Unicel or Rural Cellular Corporation.

What gives?
japhy

Feb 7, 2008, 2:05 PM
There's a limit on what carriers are shown, based mainly on the number of subscribers. Lots of rural & regional carriers aren't listed, as are many MVNOs (those that are still in business that is 😳 ). Helio is listed because it's devices are unique in the U.S. and because they're specifically focused on the high-end cellphone devices.
will54880

Feb 7, 2008, 7:19 PM
So if Unicel and Rural Cellular Corporation are considered MVNOs, what network are they operating from? I know that Unicel is GSM, so would it be AT&T or T-Mobile?
Bufford T. Justice

Feb 7, 2008, 7:32 PM
Unicel I believe runs off at&t and RCC is CDMA and utilizes Verizon Wireless' network.
Bufford T. Justice

Feb 7, 2008, 7:42 PM
Actually Unicel and RCC are small independent wireless carriers that own their own spectrum and netowrk and utilize other wireless carriers for roaming agreements. Don't be suprised if some national wireless carriers like at&t and Verizon Wireless don't just come swooping down buying the companies out lock stock and barrel.
BrianJ

Feb 8, 2008, 11:03 AM
RCC (Rural Cellular Corp)is just the parent company name of Unicel. They are in the process of being purchased by Verizon Wireless, but it has been slowed because they have to do a spectrum swap (I think with AT&T) to get final FCC approval. Jut look in some of the older news links to get more details.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.