Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Question for Rich...

Kizildere

Jan 1, 2005, 7:00 PM
Rich, just for curiousity's sake, I was wondering how you started the website. I read your personal homepage but it pretty much explains why you started it and not much more 😳 🙂 Anyways, I was curious how you gathered information, opinions, photos, etc. on all the phones? Thanks 🙂
Rich Brome

Jan 3, 2005, 12:38 AM
That's a really broad question. What do you want to know specifically?
Kizildere

Jan 4, 2005, 3:05 PM
mostly how you began collecting info on the phones. the data that you have on the website for each phone. did you simply go to manufacturer's websites and got them there or did you contact the manufacturer for the data? It seems like all the photos on phonescoop are unique and taken by you? do you ask the manufacturer to send you photos to be listed on the website? thanks 🙂
Rich Brome

Jan 4, 2005, 4:15 PM
The info and photos are collected from any and all quality and reliable sources.

In the beginning, it was just what I could find on company web sites. Now more of my information comes directly from the companies themselves. They often supply info directly to me, sometimes prior to announcement, and then I follow up with questions, and finally they have a chance to review and correct the info before it is published.

Photos usually come from the companies as well. Very few are taken by me, although some are.
Kizildere

Jan 4, 2005, 5:55 PM
Cool, thanks. I'm working on a similar concept for another product category so I figured I'd ask.

Thanks.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.