Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Cookies

ATandT

Oct 28, 2003, 12:52 PM
Hey Rich can you make the site so it doesn't automatically remember you when you log back. I'm on a Shared computer and am always having to erase the cookie. I would prefer it be like other sites and ask if you want to be remembered.

Thanks.
Rich Brome

Oct 28, 2003, 9:34 PM
I'm not sure I understand why you need to erase the cookie. Someone else would still need to know your password to log in. It only remembers your username - it doesn't automatically log you in.

Is it that you're trying to "cover your tracks" and keep other people from knowing that you logged in from that computer? Why do you need to hide that from the other people using that computer?

I'm not saying no or criticizing, of course, I just want to understand the request a bit better. Thanks!
ATandT

Oct 29, 2003, 12:25 PM
It is partly that I'd like there not to be a cookie there because it's nobody's business what I do on the computer, but the other thing is if they want to use this site also it just asks them to Log in under my I.D. I'm not sure how they can log in under they're own I.D. so I end up spending a couple of minutes erasing the cookies to avoid these issues and it's a tedious process. Most sites have a check-box asking if you want to be remembered, and since I don't, this would be a great tool.
rdm_24

Oct 30, 2003, 1:51 PM
wouldn't unchecking the memory options in your browser do the same?
pumpkin

Oct 30, 2003, 10:31 PM
even if it does ask them to log in under your id, your id is ina changable box, they can delete it and add their own.

but i am with on the remebering the name thing. most of us are on our companies computers, and although we are allowed to view this website because of all the great information in it, i am sure if they found out we were using the forums it would be blocked like most other websites. so really it isnt a privacy issue, its more of a hiding it from our bosses.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.