Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

Sprint Sells Towers........Great Business!!!!

BigKippa

Jul 28, 2008, 12:28 PM
So I've seen a lot of people giving Sprint flack about selling off it's towers and I just wanted to put my 2 cents in about it. So let me get this straight?! You have a pool in your backyard and it's costing you time and money to clean and maintain just so that you and your family and friends can use it. You only really wanted the pool in the first place so that everyone could enjoy it, but between your job, your family, and other things you have to do around the house it's just sucking the life out of you, and it's costing you $1000 a month to maintain (not including the time you spend maintaining it). So a pool company comes along and says "hey sell us the pool (in your own backyard) for $30,000, you get unlimited access to it as long ...
(continues)
SEM

Jul 28, 2008, 12:39 PM
I was just reading about this as well. Sounds like a great plan financially for Sprint! Now when new Sprint towers are being built, I wonder how that will work with this new deal. I'm assuming the company they sold the towers to will also control the new tower, but do they help in any costs for building the new tower? I'm just not too sure how this would work.
nextel18

Jul 28, 2008, 12:45 PM
It’s actually a very good idea. They are service provider not real estate developer hording tower assets. They still have many owned towers on their balance sheet so look to them to sell off some more in the future. This is a way to allow them to focus on what they do best.

Companies actually do this a lot.
mark477

Aug 12, 2008, 1:20 PM
none the less att and tmob and verizon sell their towers.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.