Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Cingular vs Small town newspaper (kinda long, but funny)

wwehavok85

Sep 28, 2006, 7:15 PM
I took over a call the other day. The customer was an employee of a newspaper. Pretty much all the employees of this paper had Cingular. Each had their own account under their own name. She called in demanding 2 months full credit on all their accounts as none of them could get signal in the building. This was only the second time she had called about this. About an hour before, she had called in and we set up a tech ticket to have a tech team check out the area. Could be the building interfering or a low RF signal. I explained the tech ticket and explained that we were going to attempt to locate the problem and get it corrected. The customer again demanded 2 full months credit on all 100+ employees of the newspaper accounts. I explained tha...
(continues)
xmatt02x

Sep 28, 2006, 7:20 PM
haha thats awesome, im going to start using that line! sprint has way too many people like that.. hey, i have a cingular phone, what are the current rates for texting? is it still the 3000 for 19.99 or whatever?
ralph_on_me

Sep 28, 2006, 7:25 PM
yep, that's the current highest one.
xmatt02x

Sep 28, 2006, 7:26 PM
is 1000 still 9.99?
ralph_on_me

Sep 28, 2006, 7:27 PM
1000 is $14.99 but it gives you 5mb of internet too. 400 txt with 1mb is 9.99. I'm out for the evening. Inventory is done and so is my 10 hour shift!
xmatt02x

Sep 28, 2006, 7:49 PM
hmm time to ask a question that an annoying customer would ask... about how much could you get done with 5mb
ralph_on_me

Sep 29, 2006, 9:51 AM
ooooh boy. that one. *gives you dagger eyes*

With 5 mb you could approximately...
*inhales deeply*
Customize your home page 39 times
Check your local forecast 284 times
Read a headline stories 394 times
Read a full news story 269 times
Read entertainment news 256 times
Check a sports score 256 times
Check a stock quote 731 times
Set up Yahoo! Email 151 times
Check Yahoo! Email 160 times
or do every one of those (except for the first) 32 times a month.
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 28, 2006, 7:36 PM
I wonder if the dumb broad knows it would be libel if she prints false claims about the company in the newspaper. I hope the crazy b*tch gets sued.
Jebus

Sep 28, 2006, 9:41 PM
hey man, if there is any chance you can get ahold of the newpaper tomorrow to see if she did write anything, i would LOVE to hear about it!!!
hood4

Sep 29, 2006, 10:30 AM
🤣 🤣 Thats great! But I live in a very small town and we are having alot of off network problems where Cingular is cancelling customers so a small cellular carrier in the area did run a full page ad in our Sundays paper letting everyone know. It is great to live in small towns!!! 🤨
AG050

Sep 29, 2006, 2:01 PM
🤨

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.