Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Forum options

justfinethanku

Apr 30, 2010, 1:26 PM
I don't know if maybe I am the only one, but it seems to take forever to navigate through the thread-style forums here. I do it, but it becomes quickly tiring.

I was wondering if there was some kind of option you could design that would show not just the title of the post/response but also the content.

A LOT of other forums and tech sites are using that approach, do you think maybe you could at least make it an option?
rlpinca

Apr 30, 2010, 3:27 PM
I agree, this style makes it hard to get through the larger threads and I tend to give up after the first 5 or 6.
retrocool

May 1, 2010, 9:30 PM
Can you imagine what this site would look like if they used vBulletin or phpBB or some other popular message board software?
speedywalk

May 2, 2010, 6:04 PM
Rich developed the board format from scratch so....

You really ought to look at some of the phonescoop.com forums posts circa 2005
Rich Brome

May 3, 2010, 4:23 PM
In a nutshell, I agree, and it's on the to-do list to address that issue.

I personally dislike certain aspects of how other forum and comment systems work. The challenge - as I see it - is to come up with something that keeps the advantages of our forum structure but makes it easier and faster to navigate a thread. I have ideas on how to do this, but it will take some time to implement properly. I apologize that it's taking so long to roll out (much longer than I had hoped.) It's still very much something I plan to do, though!

Thanks for the feedback. It's always appreciated! 🙂

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.