Review: Huawei Prism for T-Mobile
The Prism uses the standard Android camera interface, which is a solid performer and offers plenty of options for the budding photographer inside you. There's no physical camera button, so you have to access it from a shortcut or the app menu. It launches in a snap. The basic shooting screen uses about 80% of the display's real estate as the viewfinder. In the other 20%, there is a simple control strip that includes a camcorder toggle, shutter button, and access to the gallery.
The Prism has five small controls floating in the viewfinder to access other features. What I like is that using these controls doesn't take you away from the viewfinder. For example, press the little "1X" icon, and a pop-up menu appears allowing you to adjust the zoom level. After several seconds, it goes away with no further action required. The other options include adjusting the flash, white balance, location, and then the full settings menu.
The full settings menu can be used to adjust effects; control the ISO (camera's sensitivity); choose different metering modes; adjust color, contrast, and brightness settings; set different focusing modes, and so on.
AD article continues below...
The camera doesn't offer touch-to-focus, and is a bit slow to capture photos. There's perhaps a 1-second delay between when you press the shutter button and the when the camera actually fires off the shot. If you're not careful, you can move the camera in that timespan and get a blurry shot as a result.
The gallery is the stock Android option. Photo albums float in stacks in the main gallery view, and you can sift through them in the chronological timeline in which they are arranged. It has a neat 3D look and feel to it. If you have photos stored in Google's Picasa service, they are also included in the gallery and you can sift through them with ease. The gallery does the normal things, such as slide shows and allow for photos to be shared via social networks.
As for editing, the Prism only allows for crop and rotate. That kind of stinks.
Huawei Prism Joins T-Mobile's Entry-Level Offerings
May 2, 2012
T-Mobile USA today announced the Huawei Prism, a new Android 2.3 Gingerbread smartphone that will be available starting May 6. The Prism features a 3.5-inch HVGA display, 3.2-megapixel camera with video capture, and compatibility with Google's services.
Samsung Grows Galaxy S Family with S10, S10+, S10e, and S10 5G
The tenth edition of Samsung's Galaxy S series of flagship phones includes, for the first time, four different models spanning a range of sizes and price points. Samsung announced the Galaxy S10 series today at an event in San Francisco.
Review: Motorola Moto E4 for Verizon Wireless
Motorola's entry-level Android handset, the Moto E4, may be small in stature, but it's big on performance. The E4 is an affordable phone that includes a fingerprint reader, a 5-inch screen, and a capable camera.
Review: ZTE Avid 4 for MetroPCS
ZTE's latest low-cost handset for MetroPCS offers entry-level specs and performance. It includes a 5-inch screen, 8-megapixel camera, and Android 7 Nougat.
Hands On with the new Alcatel 1x
For 2019, Alcatel has refreshed its 1x model with an updated design and updated specs. Despite its entry-level price, it sports camera and display features normally found only on much higher-end phones.