Ring tones, changing phone ring.
My last phone, a Nokia, had a lot of choices for me. This phone seems to have just a default ring and my only choices are loud or softer.
I have downloaded from Tracfone "Amazing Grace" for my husband. It is there in his sounds, but how can I select it for when his phone rings?
If I can ever find out how, I will be downloading other files for myself.
Would sure appreciate some help.
(I really am technologically challenged when it comes to cell phone)
Are the keys backlit?
One thing I do need is for the keys to be lit - I can't stand my current phone because I can't see the numbers. I walk in the city at night and for safety reasons would really like to be able to see the numbers!
So, does anyone own this phone and if so, are the keys lit?
band usage: dual/tri/ or quad
Also, what items specifically come in the package?
Question on ring loudness
Thank you in advance!
AD more discussions below...
Problem with texting????
The V176 gets a facelift
This is because the V176, C261, W375 and W370 are ALL built for Motorola by Compal.
Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against this phone - I just think that people should be fully informed before buying what is basically a V176 in a prettier package with MP3 ringtone support added.
Extras: Integrated VGA Camera, Bluetooth, MP3
so i figured this phone had a camera... but from what ive been reading everything says it doesnt... help?
Can you unlock the USB
W370 Battery life?
Which to buy V176 or W370?
Thanks in advance for any help or information you may be able to provide. This website has an amazing amount of information for which I am very appreciative!
Volume control on W370???
Custom Image & Ringtone Tutorial
Audacity [ http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/]
GIMP [ http://www.gimp.org/windows/ ]
A FTP web host
1. Pick the source image that you want to apply for your custom wallpaper or screensaver.
2. Crop and resize the image to 128 by 160 pixels (This may be the native display resolution of the phone, but the browser ganks it a bit.)
3. Save the image as either a JPEG or a GIF.
4. Upload the image to your FTP server, making a note as to the directory path you've used.
5. On your phone, go to Menu>Web Access>Go to URL
6. Type in the URL for the image you wish to download. (If it fails, try again unless the file is more than 100kb. Unfortunatly, that's the download ...
1. send an email w/attachment to your phone
If you don't know what your email is for the phone then send one from your phone to your regular email account.
2. Read email on phone
3. You should see the picture that you sent. Press the menu button and choose "Save Content". It should have the filename - select "Store" and give it a name - OK it afterwards.
4. Now go back to the HOME screen and select the Menu button and goto "Multimedia"
5. Select Pictures - then select Additional Storage
6. The filename should now appear in the list
7. Choose the one your are interested at and select the Menu Button. Now select "Apply As" and choose...
I just got the W370 today. Well, to say the least I'm not impressed. The internet access does not work. You can't even use Google or any other site. The only thing that does work is the Tracefone's built-in site. But by the time you actually have gotten to a ringtone, you'll have used 20 of your minutes. So, instead, I tried to send myself an email with ringtown. Fail. It downloads but will not let you use the Ringtone. It will use 1.5 minutes for every message you open too. I really wish I didn't buy 200 minutes + double minutes for life.
On the positive side - it's a nice looking phone. Other than that - it's barebone. Get a Razr and contract instead....
Cellular One Towers?