Custom Image & Ringtone Tutorial
Audacity [ http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/]
GIMP [ http://www.gimp.org/windows/ ]
A FTP web host
1. Pick the source image that you want to apply for your custom wallpaper or screensaver.
2. Crop and resize the image to 128 by 160 pixels (This may be the native display resolution of the phone, but the browser ganks it a bit.)
3. Save the image as either a JPEG or a GIF.
4. Upload the image to your FTP server, making a note as to the directory path you've used.
5. On your phone, go to Menu>Web Access>Go to URL
6. Type in the URL for the image you wish to download. (If it fails, try again unless the file is more than 100kb. Unfortunatly, that's the download ...
How do i make this work? what web site should i use to host my files?
Can you post an example url to access an angelfire account. I think that would help a lot.
Send an email from your computer to @mms.att.net with the file attached
(Yourphonenumber is nine digit+area code plus 7 digit local number)
You can also upload polyphonic (mid) ringtones.
I wrote a really long explaination on wallpaper/ringtones and the memory of the device on another forum.
If you want to check it out here is the link:
it should be send an email to email@example.com with the file attached