Motorola Q Global / Q9h
Q9h no more?
Any news on a new version? I've googled, and all I see are old press releases.
I was about to but the silver Q, the most recent version, but lost the race. There are a few on ebay, but would prefer to buy new or refurb.
Long Live the Q9h
LONG LIVE THE Q9H!!!!!!!!
AD discussions continues below...
Silver/Grey vs Black
AT&T likes the OTA updating feature of the silver/grey phone, but IMHO this is going to remain largely useless to the typical user of the device.
A more significant upgrade is the inclusion of Crystal Talk on the silver/grey phone. Making calls one after another and comparing the black phone with the silver/grey phone, you will definitely notice the difference in call quality.
All of the silver/grey phones ship with WM 6.1, so they'll all have threaded messaging and the other minor improvements of WM 6.1
One downside: In certain lighting conditions, you will notice that the b...
Moto Q Global and low light
MOTO Q9h unlocked for T-Mobile
Iris Web Browser
Bookmarks - seems to have little control over managing bookmarks. I couldn't organize into folders my imported bookmarks in the folders I had in Opera and IE.
Navigation - I tried using the cursor. Slow and cumbersome. Returned to normal WM6 nav. It was fast but hard to see where I was. No improvement here.
Nav buttons on side - With Iris the up/down buttons did not function. Back and select did work, though.
Default browser - Altho I selected Iris to be my default browser, I could not get it to come up with the browser nav button on my device. I still...
Thoughts on iPhone, Blackberry or Motorola Q Global from experienced users!
I mostly use the device for (outside of being a phone!) text messaging and email - would use more for managing contacts and extension of Outlook with a good UI.
For those that have used all three, which do you prefer and what do you like about each ... if you had to get one now, which device? (course, if I was going for the iPhone I would hold out for G3).
General Questions on Configuration
2. How do I move icons from one folder to another and change the order within a folder?
3. How do I stop this thing from pocket button pressing without having to enter a password every time I use it?
4. How do I EXIT from programs with no exit selection? (IE for example).
5. Is there a list of things I can shut off to conserve battery power?
6. How do I stop an alert during play? If I set an MP3 file to play for an alert, it plays to the end, even though I have already retrieved the message!
7. How do I reconfigure the shortcut keys? For example setti...
6.1 update from Motorola
Does the Q9H have an indicator light or not?
Availability of the Moto Q Global
New Moto Q Global for ATT