Motorola Q Global / Q9h
General Questions on Configuration
2. How do I move icons from one folder to another and change the order within a folder?
3. How do I stop this thing from pocket button pressing without having to enter a password every time I use it?
4. How do I EXIT from programs with no exit selection? (IE for example).
5. Is there a list of things I can shut off to conserve battery power?
6. How do I stop an alert during play? If I set an MP3 file to play for an alert, it plays to the end, even though I have already retrieved the message!
7. How do I reconfigure the shortcut keys? For example setti...
Navigate to Task Manager. Add a speed dial entry (i.e. I use the 9 key) to get into it. Then choose the option "Kill" or "Kill All Tasks" to close whatever programs you want.
Answer to #5
The best way to preserve battery power is to manually turn off 3G and turn ON Edge. This of course will slow down your internet, but so far, 3G battery life is my only gripe with the phone. Go to "My Stuff" and navigate to the Windows directory and look for bandselect.exe. This is the program that lets you choose GSM vs. 3G. You can even create a speed dial for that function as well.
Answer to #8
Install a 3rd party task manager like Resco. Unfortunately the Windows version allows you to kill tasks but not switch between them. (N...
Start > My Stuff > Personalize My Q >
Home Screen Right Soft Key
Enter Key Name( Task Manager for example)
R Soft Key Menu > Start Menu > System Tools >
L Soft Key Done to save
You now have Task Manager as your R soft keys function replacing the contacts function. The Q has a dedicated contacts key at the bottom left which does exactly what the R soft key use to. I like this set up because it says "Task Manager" above the R soft key so you don't have to remember which speed dial is task manager.
It also saves a speed dial slot.