ZTE Avail / Merit
hide detailed ratings
Have four of these
My carrier is NET10, and we are using the four-line Family Plan.
Good reception, hasn't dropped a call yet. Some of the apps are quite useful, like the navigation app. Got these for $65 on Ebay. Family Plan is $170 a month for four lines of unlimited everything.
Needs more internal memory. Also need to be able to delete apps I don't use, like Twitter.. Need to be able to move some of the apps to the SD card. Battery life not good. Music apps can only play MP3s. Most of my stuff was WMA, and the WMA player apps I could find all wanted to install games I didn't want. Ended up downloading a converter onto my PC, doing the conversion there, and copying the MP3s onto the SD card on the phone.
1. Get the 32GB SD card, which is the biggest this phone can handle. They are pretty cheap on Ebay.
2. Download your apps which can be moved to the SD card first, then download the ones that can't.
3. If using prepaid, recommend callingmart.com to buy your airtime. No sales tax in MO and many other states.
4. Ebay is the best place to get supplies like cases, screen protectors and charging cables.
5. Go into the Manage Apps regularly to clear cache, and uninstall unwanted apps, to conserve what internal memory you do have.
hide detailed ratings
Value for money
Was on a budget and had to find a phone resonably priced. And that's when i was offered ZTE Merit Z990G. I have to accept very decent phone for the price its sold at. I like the way it functions and performs. A good phone for a resonable price.
AD reviews continues below...
"I was a little hesitant at first to buy this phone, but i purchased it hoping it would last atleast for a couple of days. But now that i've had this phone for more than 3months i am so satisfied with it. It has not given me any problem till date and has been working just fine for me, I mostly use the phone for long hours and i dont seem to have encountered any issues with it. The phone comes with
5MP camera/video recorder
1500 mAh lithium battery
Which is pretty decent for a phone this price. I like this phone its simply worth the price. "
I am giving this a 5.00 rating!! I have had this for two days and it is totally awesome! Of course I have upgraded from a pantech impact messaging phone. I really love the wireless feature. I can connect to my home network and any where else that has a hot spot. This is a good value for the money!