Home  ›  Phones  ›  Samsung  ›

Samsung Rant M540


Info Photos News Forum Reviews  44  

all discussions

Hi, I need much help!


Sep 14, 2009, 10:46 PM
Hello, I just got a Sam sung M540 from Telus and I have some questions about how it works. I have the knowledge of a 1 year old when it comes to babies, no scratch that, some even understand it more than I do. Please be simple because I do wish to solve my problems. 🙂 Thanks!

1. Is there's a way to block internet usage from the phone. I don't have it covered on my plan and I do not want to pay extra by accidentally clicking something. I noticed that sometimes I click on some part of the menu and it goes into this world thing moving around - that's the same as going online, isn't it?! Also, how does the logo for online looks like on the top of the screen?!

2. how can I transfer ring tones/Backgrounds from my computer to the ring to...

Jan 12, 2010, 11:19 PM
Here are the answers to your questions:

1. You can call Telus and have them block data on your phone. This is the BEST way. There is a way you can do it manually, but you have to both block it and lock it. I would just call them, they would be happy to block it for you.

2. The only way to get ring tones is by going to www.myxer.com and sending a ringtone to your phone. This however USES DATA.

Another way is to convert the ring tone into .3g2 and put it in your photos folder. 101SSMED or something like that. Then go to settings, blah blah blah, choose from my videos. This may not work though, only a few have actually succeeded.

3. You can pick and choose where you receive files through bluetooth. The samsung rant can actually brow...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram



All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.