- Perform a hardware reset by using a pin or paper clip to press the button inside of the pinhole at the lower right corner of the tablet. You should feel a slight click when pressing and releasing the button. Make sure your pin actually contacts the button and is not too tight in the pinhole. The tablet will boot up from the reset.
- From the Apps menu, locate the Settings app.
- If your system is running ICS (Android 4), then open Settings - Backup & reset. If your system is running HC (Android 3), then open Settings - Privacy.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the window, and select Factory data reset.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complet...
iTunes apart from being used to play various types of digital video and audio files can also be used to store and sync data across multiple iOS devices. The sophisticated program can also be used to factory reset any iOS device. Below are the effective ways you can use iTunes to factory reset your iPhone without passcode.
- Using an existing iTunes backup
You can only use this strategy if you had previously synced your iPhone with the computer you wish to use and "trusted" it. You can either use an existing iTunes backup to restore your iPhone or create a new one as you won't be asked to unlock your iDevice first.
1. Power off your phone: Only a closed phone can perform a hard reset in Recovery Mode.
2. The battery should be 70% at least: The resetting process requires a lot of energy. Thus, if the battery capacity is low, the hard reset might be interrupted or even cause some other problems.
3. Clear cached data: Clear away the cached data on your phone can shorten the resetting time.
4. Backup your files: Hard reset will delete the settings and contents on your so you should b...
1. Open up the Settings on your phone and then select the Backup and reset option in this section.
2. In the Backup and reset page, find out the Factory reset data option and tap on it.
3. After that, a pop-up will appear to prompt you that the factory reset will erase the data on your phone. If you make sure that you have backed up the wanted files already, you can tap on Reset device to start the reset.