Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

Question about importing a phone from korea

minscho3

Apr 6, 2004, 2:39 AM
Im trying to get a phone from Korea this summer

but iono how to program a phone so that i can use in America...

can anyone tell me how to do that?

I read about some guy who did that in krn dealer shop.... i need to know some details..

so plz anyone w/ info tell me how to set the programs and what i need to do to make krn phones work in US

thx 😉
Rich Brome

Apr 6, 2004, 11:12 AM
I don't really recommend doing that, although in some cases it can be done.

There are several catches:

1. Just like here, they have cellular (800 MHz) and PCS (1900 MHz) bands. But their 1900/PCS band is totally different, so only 800 MHz Korean phones will work here. That means only half the Korean phones can work here - be careful which type you buy.

2. You can only use use the phone with a U.S. CDMA carrier that is all or mostly CDMA 800, such as Verizon. Even then, you need to be sure you are in an area that is all or mostly 800 MHz - Verizon does have 1900 areas where you could not use a Korean phone.

3. All the "cool" things about the phone - like the web, BREW, MMS, and even caller ID - will simply not work here. You'll ha...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.