Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

show all 6 replies

On picking up a phone from Asia

BigbillMalone

Oct 23, 2009, 3:19 PM
Hey guys, my cell's been acting all sorts of weird since a week ago and I finally put it out of its misery by selling to a friend who works at a local company called P4C Global. Anyways, we were talking about my future winter vacation back to Asia and he suggested that I could pick up a phone there since they're cheaper and slightly more advanced. I'm on T-mobile, so I was wondering what kind of a phone would fit my needs of voice and text. I mean, is there I should look for, like a SIM card or something?
mrcamp

Oct 24, 2009, 10:17 AM
You just need a GSM phone that has the 850/1900 bands. Actually only the 1900 band will suffice. Since that's what tmobile primarily uses. However, they do roam on AT&T in some locations using the 850 band. As you will notice that all tmobile phones now have the 850 band. I will caution you though, most of the triband phones you will find outside the US will definitely NOT have the 850 band. they will be 900/1800/1900. 900/1800 nbands are used outside North America. A quadband phone will give you coverage anywhere in the world there is GSM.
dadayk12

Sep 16, 2011, 12:11 PM
my question is where in asia you are going? bc i have a better idea.. bc if the current phone that you have is compatible with teh GSM network of the asian country where you will go.. its better for you to have your current phone unlock by calling tmobile and use a foreign sim once you got to the asian country..

just call tmob and they will see details about the gsm network on that country and see if you phone will work there after sim subsidy unlock..
monica123

Sep 29, 2011, 7:58 PM
Your friend is right. The phone in Asia is much cheapter, especially in southeast of China.
alpaca_camel

Oct 7, 2011, 7:00 PM
wow. necropost much. do you know what necropost means?
alpaca_camel

Oct 7, 2011, 7:10 PM
and i guess you're asian ... specifically, chinese ... riiiiiight 😕

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.