Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

Buying UK phone to use in US

maybeline46

Jan 5, 2005, 2:33 AM
Hello! I am going to London and Germany at the end of the month. I use t-mobile in the US and I was wondering if I could buy a phone from overseas and just put my sim card in it here in the US? The phones outside of the US seem so much better. I tried looking on some UK websites, but they all mentioned "rentals" and "tarrifs". Can anyone give me an idea of if this will work and how to find the price to actually purchase a phone without renting it or signing a contract? Thanks!! 😁
scotsboyuk

Jan 8, 2005, 12:32 AM
@maybeline46

Not being a British subject you will be unable to take out a contract even if you wanted to, but there are other options available to you, which do not require a contract or a credit check.

The first, and cheapest, is to buy a Pay As You Go mobile, which are available from almost every sort of shop you can imagine, everything from dedicated mobile phone shops to chemists to newsagents to supermarkets. Depending, on which mobile you choose, you can expect to pay naywhere from £10 to £400 for such a mobile. Obviously the more advanced the mobile the more money you will pay. You need to make sure that the mobile you buy supports the frequencies of your own network back in America, most mobiles here support two of the ...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.