Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Anybody have any idea when fast charging is going to come to cellphones?

Jayshmay

Jul 26, 2009, 3:09 AM
I read at some point in the past that theres a tech in the works that will enable cellphones to charge in like 20 minutes, from completly dead to completly charged. Does anybody know when this tech is going to reach the cellphone market? Or are we going to have to wait til 2012 or
!beyond!

With things like 3G, Skyfire, and so on, I do a lot of web browsing. Somewhere around 800-900 or more mb's a month. I'm always charging my handset, I look forward to the day when I can plug my phone in, walk away, and in 20 minutes or so have a fully charged phone.
ecycled

Aug 29, 2009, 1:00 PM
my xenon will charge from almost dead on the home charger in an hour. Pretty good. Better is when batteries get better life IMO.

Which phone do you have? Maybe there are other options as well that could help in the meantime, for example: we sell Fuel cases for the iphone and blackberry bold that have a batter built in to the case so it about doubles the battery life because it charges when its in the holster.
Jayshmay

Aug 29, 2009, 1:04 PM
I have the Nokia N95.
ecycled

Aug 31, 2009, 1:19 PM
Yeah I don't know about any thing that will help that. Palm had an inductive charger that charges when you set the phone on it, and I just bought the same thing for my xbox batteries. Pretty neat.
Gadget Junky

Sep 13, 2009, 10:59 AM
Problem is with current battery tech, and charging tech. The faster you charge the batteries, the more you risk a fire or explosion.

Contact charging looks like the next big thing, rather than rapid charging.
mrpmpfan

Sep 29, 2009, 9:24 AM
Also a few companies are starting to go green and quick charging is about as un-green as you can go, so I don't see this starting anytime soon.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.