Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

all discussions

Graphic Design Program for Smart Phones?

nikasmomma

Dec 6, 2008, 1:51 PM
I do some graphic design (ie. illustration, logo design and photo manipulation) via Corel Draw/PhotoPaint and Photo Shop. Are there any graphic design programs that I could upload to a smart phone like the Fuze or the Epix?
ralph_on_me

Dec 8, 2008, 11:02 AM
I don't think you're going to find a phone with a processor capable of handling those programs, nor would you find anything easy to control from the input deviced provided by todays smartphones.
japhy

Dec 8, 2008, 12:56 PM
I know a professional artist (as in: she gets paid for her art) who once wondered the same thing. I looked into it for her, and came up with zilch. There's lots of sketchpad type programs, including some that can export to jpeg or bmp to work with in other programs, but nothing even close to professional graphic design quality.
Rich Brome

Dec 17, 2008, 8:47 PM
I think that's just entirely too sophisticated an application for a smartphone.

Also, I imagine it would be frustrating to use on such a small screen with limited controls.

Office applications aren't very demanding, but graphic design requires more horsepower to run the apps, and also benefits for larger displays and a good mouse / trackball / tablet. Most serious graphic designers I know wouldn't work on a laptop, much less a smartphone. They like their dual 24" displays, etc.

For the graphics work I do for Phone Scoop - which isn't very intensive at all - I can't imagine doing it on a smartphone. Even if the application was really good, I can't imagine the typical task taking me any less than 10x longer than it would on a laptop. ...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.