Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Camera Flip phones - where they at???

Pizmatica

Dec 5, 2006, 9:09 PM
Im kinda into my phones...I usually buy a new one every 6 months or so. I try to stay up on the latest tech and such...plus i flat out just get sick of something and want a new one.
I dont have a digital camera and dont feel like spending a million dollars for one thats actually decent. I use my razor to sent pics or whatever, and i know what everyone will say -- its first and foremost a a phone, and a camera second. But i see Nokia has the n90 and n93 which from what i hear are good phones but awesome DVD quality video and crystal clear pics - Again, these items are $700!! Anyone know of any cool phone similar to these at a better price? I also dont mind the folding feature these phones have that make them look more like vid cameras...
Steve5

Dec 6, 2006, 6:30 PM
Actually some phones ARE marketed as cameras first and phones second. The N90 series is a good example.

But the most important thing that I learned while researching phone cameras is that you shouldn't judge a camera by how it looks on paper and you should try it out yourself. Take the Samsung SCH-A970 for instance. It was marketed as a phone with an uber camera cuz it had 2 megapixels and optical zoom. This and the identical one that came out for sprint were the first phones in the states to have optical zoom and they made a big splash. Anyways, plenty of people went out and bought this phone cuz of how good the camera seemed and practically everybody returned it because the camera had such a long shutter delay and took so long capt...
(continues)
Steve5

Dec 6, 2006, 6:32 PM
btw if you do end up buying an overseas model, could you let me know how well it does on shutter delay and light sensitivity?
Pizmatica

Dec 7, 2006, 8:29 AM
Hey steve thanks for the info. ill have to check some of these places and phones out. I always wondered where some people got these cool ass phones. I saw a kid with a kick ass n90-like phone the other day and asked him what service he goes with. He said Cingular, which is who i am with. So i search cingulars site and that phone was no where to be found, and i always just wondered where these people got these phones. You ever hear of Hantech Mobile Technology? They just came out with a 4x Zoom and 6.0 Mega-Pixel 33 frames per sec flip and fold phone as a test market only. Test phone was only $75 with shipping - but there are no garauntees. Its only a beta version until the real ones come out in late 2007. Ever hear anything on this? Do you ...
(continues)
Steve5

Dec 7, 2006, 3:03 PM
Well I'd assume that you're going to stick with Cingular then so that rules out the CDMA LG Chocolate, which is for VZW only. I never heard of hantech and if you can get me any info on that, I'd be interested in seeing it.

Here's a list of phones that have designs you should like, over 3 megapixels, and VGA or CIF video. As I said before, higher resolution doesn't necessarily mean higher quality, but they're more likely to be state of the art.

The Sharp 904 and 903 look really nice and even have optical zoom. The Xcute DV2 has a powerful side-mounted camera. The Samsung Z700, Z710, and P850 look good. As does the Toshiba 904t.

Personally, I'd recommend trying the Sharp 904 cuz it's the only one with optical zoom, I believe. Th...
(continues)
Pizmatica

Dec 7, 2006, 4:02 PM
here check it out - i found this one on ebay...
let me know what ya think

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Nokia-N93-Yeah-Right-B ... »
RoyalBlu

Dec 7, 2006, 4:35 PM
that looks exactly like the xcute dv2

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.